the 100% directionless thread

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
No monitor to import vitals to here, besides signatures, can't forget FD's ePCR Booklet number (I guess so QA can match up the runs later on), need the MRN number once at the hospital, They even make us get the Attending Dr's name (something about fighting Medicare fraud?).....3 sets of vitals, then you can write up the rest after the call xD

Of course its easiest just to do as much enroute as you can (simple BLS run and transfer vitals and signatures are all that's left by the time we get to the hospital lol.....more complex call and you don't even get to touch the laptop until after transfer of care....still easiest to complete before you clear, because otherwise you'll end up 5 calls deep behind on paperwork....

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
No monitor to import vitals to here, besides signatures, can't forget FD's ePCR Booklet number (I guess so QA can match up the runs later on), need the MRN number once at the hospital, They even make us get the Attending Dr's name (something about fighting Medicare fraud?).....3 sets of vitals, then you can write up the rest after the call xD

Of course its easiest just to do as much enroute as you can (simple BLS run and transfer vitals and signatures are all that's left by the time we get to the hospital lol.....more complex call and you don't even get to touch the laptop until after transfer of care....still easiest to complete before you clear, because otherwise you'll end up 5 calls deep behind on paperwork....
We have to get the on duty physician name. We were told we now are not allowed to bill Medicare without it. Haven't bothered to dig deeper

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
We have to get the on duty physician name. We were told we now are not allowed to bill Medicare without it. Haven't bothered to dig deeper
That's funny I've never once heard that

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk

EpiEMS

Forum Deputy Chief
Sounds like way too many signatures to me. I just get the patient or their authorized guardian, etc. and, if needed, a witness...

VentMonkey

Family Guy
We have Microsoft Surface and the lid is a keyboard. ESO takes some getting used to, but it will talk to the LifPak.. Get signatures!!!!!!!!!!!!
I already have my "skeleton format" down fairly well before I clear the hospitals. Signatures tops my list as do demographics, a set of vitals, and a narrative.

So far my biggest gripe is not having a keyboard...P in the A.

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
I'm only three sips into the morning coffee and I'm already
lock.gif
threads.

cruiseforever

Forum Asst. Chief
Absolutely hate the zoll ePCR software, from what I remember from the couple times I've used it is the navigation that is the biggest pain in the arse.

Well that's wonderful news. My service just ordered it to be used with IPads. I was not too impressed with it when we had a chance to play with it. I use Image Trend at my other job with the Toughbook. That system works great.

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Ugh. The ZOLL ePCR sucks. I just bought iPCR for my business. It's probably the easiest PCR I've ever used. We do use the ZOLL Checklist app though. That's not awful.

I chose iPCR because it's very easy, runs on an iPad and my current service uses it.
We use HealthEMS on Toughbook CF-19s (though a few units have Surface tablets) and OperativeIQ for checkouts. They're..not bad, certainly better than other software I've seen floating out there, but still not as good as the iPad based DigitalEMS MedicClipboard. I'm certainly not an Apple fanboy (I have a Kindle Fire tablet and Samsung S7 phone, and Windows laptop lol) but that iPad system is the single best setup I've seen....my last FD, and one of the current ones my company runs with use it, and I wish it's what we used here lol

Seirende

Washed Up Paramedic/ EMT Dropout
Anyone still use paper? :p

Our signatures and billing are all on paper and the rest we do on the state ePCR.

Seirende

No, but more often than not I miss those days.

The one big advantage of digital records is being able to easily correct mistakes. If it was on paper, I'd probably have to do a draft of every narrative before actually writing it out.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
I do a paper one on the majority of patients, it's mostly just for notes. Then during transport, if patient condition allows, I have 2 ePCRs that I have to do. I have the main one for the company and then I am one of the five testers for the new system we are going to be changing over to.

Seirende

I do a paper one on the majority of patients, it's mostly just for notes. Then during transport, if patient condition allows, I have 2 ePCRs that I have to do. I have the main one for the company and then I am one of the five testers for the new system we are going to be changing over to.

Definitely would not like to go without something that I can scribble on quickly during a call. Even when I'm writing something for myself (essay, notes for public speaking, longer email), I like to start on paper so that I can cross stuff out, write in the margins, etc. Then I'll type up the "clean" version. Writing on a computer vs. on paper is such a different process.