the 100% directionless thread

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Hmm so I was trying to trade or give away my shift in Compton on Monday when a guy from Malibu station hit me up saying he'd trade me, id work his shift.....hmm.....it'd be tough but I think I could survive a Malibu shift on a Sunday....

JoEixbu.gif
Apparently it was a pretty busy shift according to the guy I was working with who normally works there....5 patients in 4 transports, 5 other "dry runs" (calls either cancelled enroute or on scene with no transport) and some bouncing back and forth on a few street corner posts (including one where you're basically covering the entire LA Co Santa Monica Mountains area including Malibu, Agoura, Calabasas etc)....funny how a busy shift for them would be a fairly chill day for my normal station :rolleyes:

The terrible thing is that my company is one of those that does the "if you don't run calls overnight, you don't get paid the whole 24 hours":mad: Rule for us is 5 uninterrupted hours between 2300 and 0700 and you only get paid for 22 hours instead of the full 24 :confused: (yeah I'm sure that 20 or so bucks they saved from paying me is keeping the company solvent.....but they paid cash for a brand new fleet with power lift and load so that's something....?)......anyways we get the page saying our hours were adjusted to 22....and 2 min later we get a call -_- (and on shift 1 of my 48 pretty much the same thing happened, except we got about 15 min after getting docked before that early morning call came in....fun stuff....:rolleyes:)

EpiEMS

Forum Deputy Chief
The terrible thing is that my company is one of those that does the "if you don't run calls overnight, you don't get paid the whole 24 hours"
I'm almost surprised that this is legal...

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Anyways, flying out to Honolulu for my HFD pre hire physical plus uniform and boot fittings....and I'm seated right next to the medical O2 tank....
20170530_094627.jpg

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Just looked behind my seat...im right in front of a bulkhead....and it looks like that's where the jump bag is located......its like should I ask for the form to do the checkout?? XD

GMCmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
Part of why I love my job so much is that I get paid for every hour. None of that BS sleep time and time and a half for over 3 hours math and stuff. Though when I tell people my hourly wage they gasp, then I have to explain that $15.×× is a lot of money when its paid out for 40 hours plus 32 hours at $22.××.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Seirende

Washed Up Paramedic/ EMT Dropout
Looks like this is my last EMS shift for a while, at least until my health improves. Just told my service director that I'm done for now. Kind of bummed out about it.

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas
Kelly schedule 24 on 24 off for 3 shifts and 96 off.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Not terrible. I am not going back to 24/48.

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Anyways, flying out to Honolulu for my HFD pre hire physical plus uniform and boot fittings....and I'm seated right next to the medical O2 tank....View attachment 3827
lol, flying back home to LA, seated same row on same type of plane (A330), so I have the emergency supplies behind my seat against the bulkhead again, except in on the opposite aisle so this time it's the fire extinguisher and what not

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
lol, flying back home to LA, seated same row on same type of plane (A330), so I have the emergency supplies behind my seat against the bulkhead again, except in on the opposite aisle so this time it's the fire extinguisher and what not

What'd you do to piss off the EMS gods?

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
IMG_7083.JPG
It's the second game of the season and I'm still working out the baseball stadium gear. Next go around, I'm buying a lifepak. That ZOLL is light, but it's an artifact monster. And the statpack is too big. I think I need something smaller.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
I managed to grt my hands on a nwt Zoll M case. What to do with it... I also got my hands on a near new sked. Guess it's ebay for them lol

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
I wonder if the M case will fit an E. let's talk
It won't, unfortunately. You're the first person I thought of, but it goes up front and back of the monitor, so it wouldn't work with an e series.

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
I thought they were the same form factor. Oh well. I have some used cases that are totally functional. The monitor is getting used too. I'm actually a little surprised that I'm doing real EMS here. It's not just bandaids.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
The m series is a trapazoid. The E series is much longer. The front panel is essentially the same though.