the 100% directionless thread

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
I like the old ImageTrend, but not the new one that is in a web browser. The new one is absolute garbage in my opinion. I cannot think of anything nice to say about it.

Seirende

Washed Up Paramedic/ EMT Dropout
You know what? I'm just going to say it.

I look really good in this uniform.

StCEMT

Forum Deputy Chief
My bank account is weeping. Months of build up just to drop a fat payment on school loans. Oh to be 17 again, that was a good year.

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Hmm so I was trying to trade or give away my shift in Compton on Monday when a guy from Malibu station hit me up saying he'd trade me, id work his shift.....hmm.....it'd be tough but I think I could survive a Malibu shift on a Sunday....

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Just had a patient who broke his penis. I was impressed by the blood loss

GMCmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
I know an ICU nurse that broke a penis while inserting a catheter.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Seirende

Washed Up Paramedic/ EMT Dropout
I know an ICU nurse that broke a penis while inserting a catheter.

Um, admittedly I don't know a ton about catheters, but wouldn't the penis have to have been erect to be broken? Don't think that that's normally the case when a catheter is being inserted?

GMCmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
Um, admittedly I don't know a ton about catheters, but wouldn't the penis have to have been erect to be broken? Don't think that that's normally the case when a catheter is being inserted?
You would think.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

NysEms2117

ex-Parole officer/EMT
Just had a patient who broke his penis. I was impressed by the blood loss
I had a pt like that a few weeks ago, i was just like wow... in absolute awe. Thankful i'm a relatively normal individual as well

StCEMT

Forum Deputy Chief
Dig around Reddit long enough and you will find the Ask Reddit ER stories of people that are summed up like so... ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) man, I know JUST the place for this screw driver!

Don't doubt people in moments like this lol

agregularguy

Forum Lieutenant
I am sure there are plenty of sketchy websites out there that could demonstrate how this injury occurs if you are that curious. :rolleyes:

Hahahaha, figured it happened that way, but ya never know sometimes they get extra creative and break it in some weird way.

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
IMG_7047.PNG
IMG_7048.JPG
I hope everyone is able to take some time relax and reflect this weekend.

It's hot as hell in Savannah and I'm enjoying a beer from @VentMonkey that I obtained in "the great 2017 beer swap™"

I'm waiting for the grill to get hot to toss on some t-bones and I'm reflecting on the reason for Memorial Day, thinking about my two friends who didn't come home.

Not to be too somber... but it's important to remember it isn't just National BBQ weekend.

Carlos Danger

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
I love Ballast Point Sculpin and Grapefruit Sculpin.......not so into the Kolsch style. Not quite as hot here in CLT as Savannah, but not too far off.

I served 6 years and don't personally know anyone who didn't come home, but even if you don't know anyone who has ever had anything to do with the military, the sentiment is the same.

Memorialday.jpg

Dennhop

Forum Crew Member
As a veteran, I want to thank the above posters for their insight...I try to remind people and gently correct them if they are thanking me for my service on Memorial Day. As veterans still living, our day is on Veterans day. Memorial Day is for those who never came back, or who have served and passed on. I personally know several who didn't make it back to their families, or made it back to give up on life for some reason later.

To remind my children of what Memorial Day is all about, every Memorial Day since they've gotten old enough to understand, we've watched Taking Chance...if you haven't seen that movie or heard of it, I highly recommend it. (I may be a bit biased, as a former Marine)

One thing that will always stick with me are staring into the eyes of a grieving widow, and a dear friend of mine, and having to tell her,
"On behalf of the President of the United States, the Commandant of the Marine Corps, and a grateful nation, please accept this flag as a token for your husband's faithful and dedicated service."

You spend an hour or two memorizing those words, and a lifetime of never forgetting them once you've spoken them.