the 100% directionless thread

fast65

Doogie Howser FP-C
Y'all whippersnappers suck, that's all I'm gonna say.

abckidsmom, I do remember those. Remember the pacing pads you could ONLY pace through? Or IV caths that actually had a needle exposed when you pulled it out? Homemade wooden backboards? Philly collars and sandbags? At least I'm not the only one that, to quote, is "much to young to feel thus d@mn old" lol.

That hurts :'(

Last edited by a moderator:

usalsfyre

You have my stapler
That hurts :'(

Y'all only suck because you make me realize I sould like one of those old farts I couldn't stand when I started, and I haven't hit my third decade yet. Except they were talking about LP5s, Bertylium, bicarbonate for everyone and gasoline ambulances.

fast65

Doogie Howser FP-C
Y'all only suck because you make me realize I sould like one of those old farts I couldn't stand when I started, and I haven't hit my third decade yet. Except they were talking about LP5s, Bertylium, bicarbonate for everyone and gasoline ambulances.

If you say...but the pain is still there :sad:

shfd739

Forum Deputy Chief

abckidsmom, I do remember those. Remember the pacing pads you could ONLY pace through? Or IV caths that actually had a needle exposed when you pulled it out? Homemade wooden backboards? Philly collars and sandbags? At least I'm not the only one that, to quote, is "much to young to feel thus d@mn old" lol.

I'm only 10 years in and I've used all of this stuff. It wasn't really that long ago that we stopped.

Sent from my electronic overbearing life controller

Meursault

Organic Mechanic
The only time I consciously think "I've been doing this too long" is when I run across a baby Basic who's never seen a LP10 or MAST.

I've never seen MAST (wisely chose not to get RI reciprocity), but a community hospital near me has a LP8 sitting on its primary ED code cart.

Anjel

Forum Angel

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Only diesel here. And Philips MRx monitors. I've never even used a LP, played with a Zoll in the ER and for ACLS the first time around.

fast65

Doogie Howser FP-C
Only diesel here as well, just got four new GMC chassis' ;)

usalsfyre

You have my stapler
I'm only 10 years in and I've used all of this stuff. It wasn't really that long ago that we stopped.

Sent from my electronic overbearing life controller

Same amount of time here. It's just a little shocking to realize those items have pretty much completely disappeared.

Sasha

Forum Chief
They stopped using lifepak 10s!?!? When?

Sent from LuLu using Tapatalk

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
My school still has some LP8s I believe.

And we have 2 or 3 gas rigs. They are hated. So our "new ambulances" are drove to us from other divisions around the US. Our "new" ambulances already have 100,000+ miles on them. Ford had to stop producing the frame we use combined with the deisle engine.

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
Being a Paramedic:

Exciting and alluring to female civilians.

Doesn't work so well on female paramedics...

abckidsmom

Dances with Patients

How 'bout the rousing debates on whether the defib pads could POSSIBLY provide the same electricity as paddles without the 25lbs of pressure behind them?

usalsfyre

You have my stapler
Stacked, escalating, monophasic electricity at that.

fast65

Doogie Howser FP-C
Lemon pepper chicken w/twice baked potatoes and wild rice tonight, it's gonna be delicious :p

foxfire

Forum Asst. Chief
Lemon pepper chicken w/twice baked potatoes and wild rice tonight, it's gonna be delicious :p

Mmmmm, that sounds good. wish I lived closer, I would be at your door step in a minute.

foxfire

Forum Asst. Chief
Being a Paramedic:

Nah , we know what the paramedic's life is really like.
wonder if it hold true for female medics?

Sasha

Forum Chief
Being a Paramedic:

We know what whackjobs actually work in EMS.