the 100% directionless thread

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
I just saw a brand new Range Rover drive by with "EMS PHYSICIAN" in reflective paint on both sides and the back. It also had reflective chevrons painted all around. By George, I think I may have spotted my first physician level whacker!

Lol several of the large FDs here use those and the ems consortium uses them too. Physician scene response for bad calls

chaz90

Community Leader
Community Leader
Lol several of the large FDs here use those and the ems consortium uses them too. Physician scene response for bad calls

Right, but I don't think any department would spend the money on a Range Rover vs. a more utilitarian vehicle. Also, no lights/siren or agency wording anywhere. My guess is a particularly dedicated medical director. Scene response by physicians is all well and good, but if they needed to come out POV would work just as well. Also, I know if we needed to go grab a med control doc from an ED we'd just send a unit over and pick him up.

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
Right, but I don't think any department would spend the money on a Range Rover vs. a more utilitarian vehicle. Also, no lights/siren or agency wording anywhere. My guess is a particularly dedicated medical director. Scene response by physicians is all well and good, but if they needed to come out POV would work just as well. Also, I know if we needed to go grab a med control doc from an ED we'd just send a unit over and pick him up.

DE plates?

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
We were posted at a strip mall shopping center, got called back to station to help plan some autumn festival, sent to a different post after that. Call just came out over the radio for a full arrest at the mall where we were this morning. So instead of being practically on scene when the call comes out, another unit 4 min out gets to go

SandpitMedic

Crowd pleaser
WOOOOOOOOW!! You can't push your own player from behind to power through the offensive line to block a field goal attempt?!?!?! To make the game safer?!?!? What a stupid rule. NFL football is so friggin dumb now. Weak sauce.

Seriously. The coaches were confused.. The players were confused... The announcers were even more confused they are like... " he pushed his own teammate?" "???????" " I don't think I have ever seen that called before."

Lol. Wow.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
Worst call in recent memory right there.

EMDispatch

IAED EMD-Q/EMT
I just saw a brand new Range Rover drive by with "EMS PHYSICIAN" in reflective paint on both sides and the back. It also had reflective chevrons painted all around. By George, I think I may have spotted my first physician level whacker!

I'd guess it's either from Albert Einstein Medical Center in PA, which had or has a maroon landrover with EMS physician all over it, or maybe MONOC got one.

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
I'd guess it's either from Albert Einstein Medical Center in PA, which had or has a maroon landrover with EMS physician all over it, or maybe MONOC got one.

Nahh...my bet is JPINFV got some new wheels and was driving around. :lol:

We were posted at a strip mall shopping center, got called back to station to help plan some autumn festival, sent to a different post after that. Call just came out over the radio for a full arrest at the mall where we were this morning. So instead of being practically on scene when the call comes out, another unit 4 min out gets to go

Your time will come.

Anjel

Forum Angel

That's when I would be thanking the EMS gods and offering sacrifices to the great Motorola.

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
That's when I would be thanking the EMS gods and offering sacrifices to the great Motorola.

Except the EMS Gods then gave me a patient who waited to report that she might have TB until AFTER I was leaning over applying a 12 lead in the back of the ambulance (C/C CP, reality meth withdrawals) right as I'm supposed to be getting off. Oh well, least that was an extra half hours worth of double time for the paperwork lol

medicdan

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
I picked up an overtime shift last week, on a 911 truck I hadn't worked before... When checking the truck in the AM, I couldn't get the AutoPulse to work... we got toned out before I could troubleshoot much... and I forgot about it.
In a lull in calls (i.e I finished the book I was reading) in the afternoon, I pulled it out, and along with 2 other medics and a supervisor, we spent 45 minutes trying to get it to work. After calling people and consulting the manual, we figured it out. As I'm strapping it in, guess what happens?

Toned out to a code.

That'll teach me not to tempt the EMS gods. Although I guess it would be worse if we were toned half-way through the troubleshooting....

It ended up being a non-viable, but I endured plenty of ribbing for pulling the dang thing out...

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
I picked up an overtime shift last week, on a 911 truck I hadn't worked before... When checking the truck in the AM, I couldn't get the AutoPulse to work... we got toned out before I could troubleshoot much... and I forgot about it.
In a lull in calls (i.e I finished the book I was reading) in the afternoon, I pulled it out, and along with 2 other medics and a supervisor, we spent 45 minutes trying to get it to work. After calling people and consulting the manual, we figured it out. As I'm strapping it in, guess what happens?

Toned out to a code.

That'll teach me not to tempt the EMS gods. Although I guess it would be worse if we were toned half-way through the troubleshooting....

It ended up being a non-viable, but I endured plenty of ribbing for pulling the dang thing out...

They're all idiots for not making sure their equipment works.

medicdan

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
They're all idiots for not making sure their equipment works.

Ultimately, the AutoPulse is non-essential equipment, while exceptionally useful, we do have a backup (manual compressions). Until we can generate unequivocal data showing improvement in outcomes, its considered an optional intervention.
Also, we respond to codes alongside a supe, who's AutoPulse I knew was functional.

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
Ultimately, the AutoPulse is non-essential equipment, while exceptionally useful, we do have a backup (manual compressions). Until we can generate unequivocal data showing improvement in outcomes, its considered an optional intervention.
Also, we respond to codes alongside a supe, who's AutoPulse I knew was functional.

We carry all of our gear required in our jump bags, and fire responds along side us with the same gear. Is it appropriate for us to not check out our unit, but only our bag because we will have a backup?

medicdan

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
We carry all of our gear required in our jump bags, and fire responds along side us with the same gear. Is it appropriate for us to not check out our unit, but only our bag because we will have a backup?

No, absolutely not, but again, we have a viable backup immediately available for the auto pulse. Its why I didn't worry when we were toned out before getting it to work. Apparently I temped the gods by fixing it...

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.
Are you really getting mad at him for doing a rig check that obviously his cohorts are not doing? You should laugh at the irony of the situation and then find and shoot the people who are normally on the rig.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
No, absolutely not, but again, we have a viable backup immediately available for the auto pulse. Its why I didn't worry when we were toned out before getting it to work. Apparently I temped the gods by fixing it...

Exactly, it wasn't like you would get pulled out of service if it wasn't operating properly, right?