the 100% directionless thread

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
Are you really getting mad at him for doing a rig check that obviously his cohorts are not doing? You should laugh at the irony of the situation and then find and shoot the people who are normally on the rig.

I wasn't, I was just stating that irregardless if we use the equipment often, or even if we have a possible backup, we should always full check our gear at least once a week, or everytime you get a new unit / gear assigned to you.

And yesssss, alestorm in a few weeks @ Santa Ana.

9D4

Forum Asst. Chief
I wasn't, I was just stating that irregardless if we use the equipment often, or even if we have a possible backup, we should always full check our gear at least once a week, or everytime you get a new unit / gear assigned to you.

And yesssss, alestorm in a few weeks @ Santa Ana.
To the bolded: No... Just no.
Biggest pet peeve ever.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
To the bolded: No... Just no.
Biggest pet peeve ever.

I do what I want, irregardless of what you say :rofl:

Anjel

Forum Angel
Just finished up with a call where a guy was shot in the mouth by "some dude". All his teeth were still intact and lips were not damaged. Just the top of the tongue and back of the throat. No exit wound, but he had a grapefruit size bulge on the right ride of his next closer to the back.

Bullet went through the brain stem. He had pulses when we go there and went into asystole during transport(if only we could of taken 5 minutes longer to get on scene lol).

From the time dispatch answered the call till the time we arrived at the hospital was 14minutes.

Not too bad if I do say so myself

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
I do what I want, irregardless of what you say :rofl:

It's a pet peeve of mine also.

beware.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

JPINFV

Gadfly
WOOOOOOOOW!! You can't push your own player from behind to power through the offensive line to block a field goal attempt?!?!?! To make the game safer?!?!? What a stupid rule. NFL football is so friggin dumb now. Weak sauce.

Seriously. The coaches were confused.. The players were confused... The announcers were even more confused they are like... " he pushed his own teammate?" "???????" " I don't think I have ever seen that called before."

Lol. Wow.

It's a new rule this year... so yes, you haven't seen it enforced yet. The officiating crews was just recently remediated on the rule with examples of all the past calls that they missed.

JPINFV

Gadfly
Worst call in recent memory right there.

Disagree. If the rule is there, it should be enforced. Enforced bad rules (and please, no "orders are orders" nonsense with sports rules) are not bad calls, simply bad rules.

JPINFV

Gadfly
Nahh...my bet is JPINFV got some new wheels and was driving around. :lol:
Sorry, I'm back in California now. Besides, if I wanted to go all medical director wacker, I'd refurbish one of those old Cadillac ambulances.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Signed on to an active shooter at a middle school :(

Happy Monday.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
Disagree. If the rule is there, it should be enforced. Enforced bad rules (and please, no "orders are orders" nonsense with sports rules) are not bad calls, simply bad rules.

I did not see anything out of the ordinary when viewed in context of the all previous FG and PAT attempts this season.

Not to mention that the rule has already been changed...

SSwain

Forum Captain
Worst call in recent memory right there.

Not for me....
I'm still pi$$ed about the blown call by the replacement refs during the Monday night game VS Seattle last year.
Apparently you can rule it a catch, if you catch the player who actually caught the ball.
images

But hey... I'm a Cheesehead in Packer Nation.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
Not for me....
I'm still pi$$ed about the blown call by the replacement refs during the Monday night game VS Seattle last year.
Apparently you can rule it a catch, if you catch the player who actually caught the ball.
images

But hey... I'm a Cheesehead in Packer Nation.

I'll give you a tie on that one, I'm a pack fan too.

chaz90

Community Leader
Community Leader
Signed on to an active shooter at a middle school :(

Happy Monday.

Yikes :/ Sounds like bad news. Hopefully you didn't have to transport anyone. Glad this one seems to have ended quickly.

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.
Two dead two injured.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
One pedi in critical condition, one in stable condition, shooter killed a 3X year old male teacher then turned the gun on himself. He was a pediatric as well, all were 11-12 years old except for the teacher is the report.

I had a rollover with entrapment which wasn't the case...no one was entrapped but we flew one patient. Then hooked a respiratory arrest that fire RAPED with naloxone just before I got there and made the transport a living hell. Had a pediatric trazadone OD that was a mess, literally a mess...vomit all over the place. Fill in the gaps with random B/ILS transports, AMAs, putting a hospice patient back in bed and we ended up running for 12 hours without food or a break...and it's only monday...eff me.

Last edited by a moderator:

9D4

Forum Asst. Chief
I have two tickets on my record 6/16/2012 failure to obey a street sign
another on 8/29/2013 speeding 15/19 over speed limit
Both were paid without going to court the first one I went to a defensive driving course and I was wondering if I went to another defensive driving course it would help in the hiring process since they would see that I was trying to get it off my record. I have +1 points on my license at this point.
I would imagine it varies greatly.
For instance, in some states for insurance purposes you can be hired on at 18, in my state it's 21.
I don't imagine one point would be a huge detriment, though.
In my state, you have to take the DD class before you pay the ticket, otherwise it doesn't count. Not sure if yours is the same.