the 100% directionless thread

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
2. The off her meds psych patient, who is tweeking on some sort of illicit substance, is completely capable of convincing the firefighters who are first on scene that she is deaf and they must write everything down to communicate with her. When the ambulance finally shows up, and the EMS crew approaches the group, the firefighters are not amused when the patient is miraculously cured and can suddenly hear again.

Can I shake your patients hand?

Last edited by a moderator:

shfd739

Forum Deputy Chief
2. The off her meds psych patient, who is tweeking on some sort of illicit substance, is completely capable of convincing the firefighters who are first on scene that she is deaf and they must write everything down to communicate with her. When the ambulance finally shows up, and the EMS crew approaches the group, the firefighters are not amused when the patient is miraculously cured and can suddenly hear again.

Can I shake your patients hand?

No kidding! I'd love for a patient to troll some of the ffs around here like that.

Last edited by a moderator:

Epi-do

I see dead people
We were dying laughing about it afterwards! We thought is was hysterical. The ffs.....not so much. It was one of those moments that I wish I had a camera to capture the look on their faces when she suddenly could hear again.

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Waiting for my good at In-N-Out and there's just this cutest little kitten hanging orotund the outdoor seating area. Rubbing up against people legs, chasing bugs, getting bits of fry, getting petted and generally just being an adorable kitten. Looks so much like the cat I had growing up with (from a kid all the way thru high school) that I just wanna pick him up and take him home with me lol (Yes I'm a cat guy, no I didn't look close enough to see if it was a him or her)

Now I'm gonna go home smelling of In-N-Out and cat and the dogs I'm sitting for my aunt and uncle are just gonna go berserk lol. Couple of dachshunds, I may just need earplugs haha :)

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
We were dying laughing about it afterwards! We thought is was hysterical. The ffs.....not so much. It was one of those moments that I wish I had a camera to capture the look on their faces when she suddenly could hear again.

B-E-A-U-tiful lol

EMT2B

Forum Lieutenant
... I just wanna pick him up and take him home with me lol (Yes I'm a cat guy, no I didn't look close enough to see if it was a him or her) ...
My Tigger-cat approves of your desire to take the kitten home. :wub: She showed this by pausing on the complicator and sniffing the screen. LoL Now she's keeping the arm of the chair warm. LoL

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
I'm going to sleep. Cheetos.

9D4

Forum Asst. Chief
I'm going to sleep. Cheetos.

Cheetos Puffs are better. Cheetos redhots are even more better (is that a proper way to say that? I'm too tired. Off to go right a 1,000 word essay, too!). They should make red hot Puffs! :mindblowing:

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
Cheetos Puffs are better. Cheetos redhots are even more better (is that a proper way to say that? I'm too tired. Off to go right a 1,000 word essay, too!). They should make red hot Puffs! :mindblowing:

They do. We have some on the kitchen table at the station right now. No joke.

9D4

Forum Asst. Chief
They do. We have some on the kitchen table at the station right now. No joke.
Why was I never aware of this...? I've never seen them in my life.
Can't find them on google (all I get is articles about red poop? :unsure: haha), Amazon doesn't have them.
Special trip to walmart to look for them, tomorrow.

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
Why was I never aware of this...? I've never seen them in my life.
Can't find them on google (all I get is articles about red poop? :unsure: haha), Amazon doesn't have them.

epeqyba5.jpg

3char

9D4

Forum Asst. Chief
I am sincerely jealous. Of Cheetos, that sounds bad, but I am.

Tell me, though, did anyone see you taking a picture of a bag of Cheetos for no apparent purpose? :p Haha

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
It's 1am on a Friday night. I'm the only dumbass awake, not trying to squeeze in an hour or two of sleep before the bars let out.

Wheel

Forum Asst. Chief
I haven't been on here in what feels like forever. I've been so busy with the new job in a new part of the country. I'm getting great experience though, with a little trauma and quite a few SICK medical patients. I'm even getting used to working nights.

chaz90

Community Leader
Community Leader
I haven't been on here in what feels like forever. I've been so busy with the new job in a new part of the country. I'm getting great experience though, with a little trauma and quite a few SICK medical patients. I'm even getting used to working nights.

Good to hear! It's certainly nice to have a positive change.

Akulahawk

EMT-P/ED RN
Community Leader
I'd totally be all over some Cheetos. Now if only I could get rid of the orange evidence before the wife finds out... Now my daughter would probably get 2 or 3 down before she realizes that they're really spicy... :rofl::angry:

9D4

Forum Asst. Chief
No one has them :( Went to 3 stores and no where did they have Red hot puffs.
I wonder if they are area specific.

Well, on a bit of good-ish/ bad-ish news. Went in to apply at a place today, lady seemed to really like me.
It's a job at a mortuary for a dispatcher, though. Seems like a bit of a dead end :ph34r:

chaz90

Community Leader
Community Leader
I just saw a brand new Range Rover drive by with "EMS PHYSICIAN" in reflective paint on both sides and the back. It also had reflective chevrons painted all around. By George, I think I may have spotted my first physician level whacker!

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
No one has them :( Went to 3 stores and no where did they have Red hot puffs.
I wonder if they are area specific.

Well, on a bit of good-ish/ bad-ish news. Went in to apply at a place today, lady seemed to really like me.
It's a job at a mortuary for a dispatcher, though. Seems like a bit of a dead end :ph34r:

Try gas stations