the 100% directionless thread

MexDefender

Forum Lieutenant
third day on the job and i've already seen so much! I can't even express how awesome this job is and how great everyone has been toward me.

possible hip fracture (which it was) patient which a tricky extrication was a my first patient. I actually got to use the line today is my first day when the son asked about his father and he laughed and said I looked like I knew what I was doing so extra encouragement has gone a long way in just these 12 hr shifts.

bigbaldguy

Former medic seven years 911 service in houston
third day on the job and i've already seen so much! I can't even express how awesome this job is and how great everyone has been toward me.

possible hip fracture (which it was) patient which a tricky extrication was a my first patient. I actually got to use the line today is my first day when the son asked about his father and he laughed and said I looked like I knew what I was doing so extra encouragement has gone a long way in just these 12 hr shifts.

That's great. Remember this feeling and when you have rough days in the future think back on days like this.

bigbaldguy

I've had the equivalent of 10 shots of Jaeger (mixed) and 5 beers and counting right now.... Since about 9pm

Edit: My vision is blurry and I can't really focus on reading, but whatever.

I think he's exaggerating nobody types that clearly after 10 shots of jaeger not even Charlie sheen.

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
I think he's exaggerating nobody types that clearly after 10 shots of jaeger not even Charlie sheen.

Nah, I just used to drink A LOT and I'm a big guy. Total count for the night ws the 10 shots and 10 beers.

No more drinking for me for a very very long time. I don't feel good xD

Anjel

Forum Angel
Nah, I just used to drink A LOT and I'm a big guy. Total count for the night ws the 10 shots and 10 beers.

No more drinking for me for a very very long time. I don't feel good xD

Big guy? Really? I pictured you looking like one of the guys from one direction hahaha

EpiEMS

Forum Deputy Chief
Challenge accepted.

challenge-accepted.jpg

*chortle* *snort* :rofl:

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
Big guy? Really? I pictured you looking like one of the guys from one direction hahaha

Hah I wish :p I wonder how that image came about XD

Me:

41988632856917051532987.jpg

Anjel

Forum Angel
Hah I wish :p I wonder how that image came about XD

Me:

41988632856917051532987.jpg

I dunno lol my mental images are always off lol still cute though ;-)

I was way off for BBG.

Medic Tim

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
halfway through 18 shifts in 20 days....I haven't worked this much since I worked for a hospital based service in the US. YAY for having more OT hours than regular hours.

tumblr_m59f8tdJIw1qfw2dno1_250.gif

shiroun

Forum Lieutenant
JUST happened today.
"Yeah, he was ambulatory at the scene."
"Uh... dude. He has a lac from the middle of his forehead to the side of his face... and.. is his arm broken? He's got severe bruising on his abdomen too..."
"So? He was ambulatory, it was an MCI we had to do it."

By the way, there were only two injured. Jesus chriiist. Some emts.

Aidey

Community Leader Emeritus
So.... What's the problem?

bigbaldguy

I dunno lol my mental images are always off lol still cute though ;-)

I was way off for BBG.

uhh is that good for bad :/

Exodus I was picturing you as a 99 pound skateboard type kid. My mind is blown :)

shiroun

Forum Lieutenant
So.... What's the problem?

The firehouse was right next door, with another fully stocked ambulance and crew sitting inside.

Oh, and the fact that the guy had a freaking cervical fracture under x-ray. He may have been ambulatory, but letting him WALK into the ER with absolutely nothing on...

I'm just very frustrated with some of what I'm seeing.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
The firehouse was right next door, with another fully stocked ambulance and crew sitting inside.

Oh, and the fact that the guy had a freaking cervical fracture under x-ray. He may have been ambulatory, but letting him WALK into the ER with absolutely nothing on...

A fractured collar bone isn't bad at all. I've had patients walk into the ER holding their own IV bag with a fractured arm (although it did have a splint).

Epi-do

I see dead people

A fractured collar bone isn't bad at all. I've had patients walk into the ER holding their own IV bag with a fractured arm (although it did have a splint).

But wouldn't a broken clavical be a fractured collar bone? A cervical fracture would be somewhere in his neck/upper spine. (Not that I think a LBB and c-collar does squat for a patient, because I don't.)

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
But wouldn't a broken clavical be a fractured collar bone? A cervical fracture would be somewhere in his neck/upper spine. (Not that I think a LBB and c-collar does squat for a patient, because I don't.)

Whoops. Complete fail on my part, I read clavicle and not cervical.