the 100% directionless thread

Aidey

Community Leader Emeritus
The firehouse was right next door, with another fully stocked ambulance and crew sitting inside.

Oh, and the fact that the guy had a freaking cervical fracture under x-ray. He may have been ambulatory, but letting him WALK into the ER with absolutely nothing on...

I'm just very frustrated with some of what I'm seeing.

Did he get a halo? If not, I wouldn't be too fussed about the lack of spinal motion restriction. There is a big difference between an unstable fracture and a stable one. Plus there is zero evidence a c collar an back board would help anyway. That being said, he probably should have been on the gurney, and but if he volunteered to walk it was his own choice.

CANDawg

Forum Asst. Chief
Whoops. Complete fail on my part, I read clavicle and not cervical.

Funny note: Until I started my EMS education, I definitely assumed 'cervical' referred to the female anatomy. The day I got my text, I was flipping through, kept seeing "stabilize cervical spine" and started picturing some ... odd scenarios in my head.

Then I flipped to the back glossary and all was made clear. Glad that happened BEFORE day one of class. :blush:

Last edited by a moderator:

JPINFV

Gadfly
No fear, cervical can still refer to the cervix.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Almost got in trouble on Facebook. Someone I know from high school has been complaining that her car battery is dead and that she doesn't have enough money to buy a new one. I almost typed "if you stopped going to all those parties and stopped wearing 10 pounds of make-up everyday then you probably would have the money"

bigbaldguy

Former medic seven years 911 service in houston
It is 455 am that is all.

bigbaldguy

Anjel

Forum Angel

Anjel

Forum Angel
uhh is that good for bad :/

Exodus I was picturing you as a 99 pound skateboard type kid. My mind is blown :)

Ya that's what I was getting at. Lol

And definitely a good thing.

BBG is a hunk, a hunk of burning love.

Lmao I need sleep.

But this is what I pictured....

42575e34-b089-8419.jpg

bigbaldguy

Ya that's what I was getting at. Lol

And definitely a good thing.

BBG is a hunk, a hunk of burning love.

Lmao I need sleep.

But this is what I pictured....

42575e34-b089-8419.jpg

Oh hell yah! New avatar me thinks. Anjel I soooooo needed this :) it has been a rough couple of days.

Achilles

Forum Moron
Siri wants to know if anjel jail broke her ?

Anjel

Forum Angel
Siri wants to know if anjel jail broke her ?

I'm getting the 4s lol it's making me mad. I did jailbreak but you cannot get the Siri app on iOS 5.1

Anjel

Forum Angel
Oh hell yah! New avatar me thinks. Anjel I soooooo needed this :) it has been a rough couple of days.

Def new avatar lol and I'm sorry things have been rough. Glad I could make you smile.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Fast ruined my day.

I was going to go buy a motorcycle today but he just had to be the voice of reason and talk me out of it...for 4 more weeks at least :p

Anjel

Forum Angel
Fast ruined my day.

I was going to go buy a motorcycle today but he just had to be the voice of reason and talk me out of it...for 4 more weeks at least :p

What's with all my boys buying things that can kill them. Fast cars, bikes, trips to Australia to bungee jump. Sheesh.

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
Buy a motorcycle!

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
What's with all my boys buying things that can kill them. Fast cars, bikes, trips to Australia to bungee jump. Sheesh.

I promise I'll wear my helmet mom :p

Buy a motorcycle!

Oh I am. That's not the question. The question is when and the best answer is after my FTO time is complete in September rather than now. Although I may end up waiting until the spring seeing as I can't really ride it during the winter...

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
I officially suck at online games, that is all.