the 100% directionless thread

bigbaldguy

Former medic seven years 911 service in houston
Do not buy a motorcycle.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
What's with all my boys buying things that can kill them. Fast cars, bikes, trips to Australia to bungee jump. Sheesh.

My bungee in New Zealand was like one of the safest things I did, all 140 meters of it!

fast65

Doogie Howser FP-C
Fast ruined my day.

I was going to go buy a motorcycle today but he just had to be the voice of reason and talk me out of it...for 4 more weeks at least :p

You could have done the same thing I did...text you asking for advice, then do what I was going to do before you can get back to me. ;) However, I only spent $600 compared to the thousands you were going to spend. :p

Oh, and in my defense Anjel, I didn't just buy a fast car...I just happened to get my fast car back. ;)

abckidsmom

Dances with Patients
Tonight I sat in a burning airplane for about 25 minutes. It was a lot of fun.
47ab465e-9c83-72f8.jpg

fast65

Doogie Howser FP-C
Well, another code that I got ROSC on...I have a sneaking suspicion he has a shot at a good outcome as well.

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
Ever have a day where you can't hit the broad side of a barn with an IV?

Like, the patient has ROPES and you STILL either miss or blow it?

Yeah. Me too.

As a matter of fact, today is one of those days.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1344602483.306974.jpg

shiroun

Forum Lieutenant
Ever have a day where you can't hit the broad side of a barn with an IV?

Like, the patient has ROPES and you STILL either miss or blow it?

Yeah. Me too.

As a matter of fact, today is one of those days.

View attachment 1207

Or the days when you get heroin addicts who have no more veins to stick besides in their skull, and you walk into the ER with bilateral cranial IVs and the nurses look at you and the medic weird,
shocked-crowd-300x225.jpg

and you're like

melgiblgnews1_full.jpg

usalsfyre

You have my stapler
Or the days when you get heroin addicts who have no more veins to stick besides in their skull, and you walk into the ER with bilateral cranial IVs and the nurses look at you and the medic weird,

and you're like

melgiblgnews1_full.jpg

I stuck a 16 in an ankle last night. Shoulda seem those looks...

Anjel

Forum Angel

NYMedic828

Forum Deputy Chief
Anyone else bored out of their minds?

Sitting at my cross street location for 3 hours now... It's never this slow.

NYMedic828

Forum Deputy Chief

and you're like

melgiblgnews1_full.jpg

If I put an IV in a patients skull i would probably lose my job.

Ankles I can get away with if the situation really calls for it and I can't find anything else.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader

and you're like

melgiblgnews1_full.jpg

Yea I call shenanigans, a quick way to get called on the carpet.

shiroun

Forum Lieutenant
Yea I call shenanigans, a quick way to get called on the carpet.

He had no legs from midfemur down, track marks up both arms, shoulders, and medic tried to dig in his groin/legs first. Found a nice juicy one on his forehead so he took it.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
And now my partner is watching anime on his iPad. With the speakers plugged into the aux jack. Yup so much for a peaceful shift at the peaceful base.

NYMedic828

Forum Deputy Chief
He had no legs from midfemur down, track marks up both arms, shoulders, and medic tried to dig in his groin/legs first. Found a nice juicy one on his forehead so he took it.

The groin would also be completely unacceptable unless you intend to attain a femoral line... Which would also cost you your certification if the wrong person got word.

Just because he has track marks doesn't mean you can't start an IV... If anything it's telling you where his veins are...

What was the reason for the IV?