Funny Ems phrases

Anjel

Forum Angel

samiam

Amazing Member
Has anyone posted CTD (circling the drain) and FDGB (Fall Down Go Boom) (I have actually seen this one as the CC in the ER tracking system) are my two personal favorites!

CdnArmyMedic

Forum Ride Along
Psych patients having an event:
CCFCCP - Coo coo for coca coca puffs (for those of us that remember them)

Patient is dead - gardening from the other side

When someone does something stupid - a momentary lapse in judgement.

LiveForTheTones

Forum Crew Member
Only if its coupled with the common disease known as stupidity. Clearly she didnt think it through if she was trying to get out of a $100-$200 ticket and opted for an $800 car ride

You'd be surprised at how many people around where I live think that being transported is on the taxpayer's dime and not theirs.
Or think their insurance is gonna cover it. But then they get that bill and it's like, "SURPRISE!!"
I'm thinking it should start being delivered in the form of someone popping out of an ambulance-shaped cake...

RedAirplane

Forum Asst. Chief
A friend once referred to pulling something out of your a** as "direct anal extraction."

So now he can say "direct extraction" to me and I know he's calling BS on something, but nobody else does.

However, he's not in EMS, but I think it's still really fitting.

FLAEMT

Forum Ride Along
Incarceritus - Prior to being taken to county lock up by LEO, PT would have the all to sudden chest pains complaint.

Chef

Forum Crew Member
FDGB...that's hilarious!!! We always use Dead Right There (as you point at the recently deceased person) on the VFD.

Doomedtheory

Forum Probie
Our medical director during a simulation excersize: does the patient have hyponarcanemia?