Fellow Floridians!

EMTSTUDENT25

Forum Lieutenant
Florida does not offer reciprocity. You will have to sign up for the NR " assessment", (basically like taking the test over again)...once you pass that you will get your FL license, I don't remember what other fees are involved for the FL DOH... Yes it sucks...I had to do the same thing when I moved from Nashville...

To the earlier post, EVAC runs 911 for Volusia county , however the only 911 service in the orlando area is Rural Metro.

EMTSTUDENT25

Forum Lieutenant
Yep, RM responds with OFD ALS engines, and RM will transport. Due to levels, they don't respond to EVERY call but if the trk is available in service their going! They will also move their crews to open areas in the city if certain rescues are out on calls.

LastofCFFA0824

Forum Probie
Hey all! Orlando, Florida here, Hope you guys are having way better luck then I did looking for a emt-b position I've yet to find anything and I've had my nremt since Sept, but hopefully my luck changes when I finish fire 2 in about 3 weeks...I've applied to all the Florida hospitals, all the ORMC hospitals, Rural metro and American ambulance, two dialysis clinics, WetnWild's first aid department and B. Wyman & Company Ambulance service and even all the theme parks first aid departments and most of them only want medics anyway, I beginning to think I need to change the locations I'm looking.

EMTSTUDENT25

Forum Lieutenant
Hey Last! Welcome! This sounds like EVERYONE I've talked to...it takes time. Especially in FL. It took me over 2 years to just get an non emergency str transport job and 3 total years to get on with a private service...

Someone correct me if I'm speaking ignorantly here but although it's great that you are getting fire standards out of the way, that unfortunately will have little to no help getting you hired with any of those agencies or hospitals you mentioned.

As hard as it is, Keeping a positive attitude is going to be the best advice I can give you. If you filled out an " interest Card" with American, they will send you an email when they are accepting applications, which you will have to go to their office to fill out. RM will call if they are interested,and since you will have your fire standards that DOES make you eligible to apply with FD, but the patience and positive attitude will need to be increased exponentially if you go that route.

OP
OP
titmouse

titmouse

aspiring needlefairy
How did this past week treat you? I worked my first over night shift whic was 20 hours. It destroyed me, when I got off at 8am got home by 9. Fell asleep around 10 and. Was completely useless for the next day. Other than that it wemt pretty smooth. How about you?

Hunter

Forum Asst. Chief
How did this past week treat you? I worked my first over night shift whic was 20 hours. It destroyed me, when I got off at 8am got home by 9. Fell asleep around 10 and. Was completely useless for the next day. Other than that it wemt pretty smooth. How about you?

Lol, I usually work overnights they've been good until recently when i ahvent been able to get any rest, i end up useless the next day and then it takes forever to get back into being awake during the day instead of at night... am done with em starting march x.x

OP
OP
titmouse

titmouse

aspiring needlefairy
Yeah ! I guess I must be getting old lol it was bad even the following day dude

OP
OP
titmouse

titmouse

aspiring needlefairy
Other than that today I had my first psych pt. Thst lady was off the chain lol

OP
OP
titmouse

titmouse

aspiring needlefairy
Mercy psych ward. The one that we picked up was somewhat there, but as we were fillimg up the paperwork a lady walks up to us and says "take me with you, theyre want to blind me. Are you the fbi? Please take me with you..." that was weird. Hunter are you working overnight? I just woke up and you're still on lol

Hunter

Forum Asst. Chief
Mercy psych ward. The one that we picked up was somewhat there, but as we were fillimg up the paperwork a lady walks up to us and says "take me with you, theyre want to blind me. Are you the fbi? Please take me with you..." that was weird. Hunter are you working overnight? I just woke up and you're still on lol

Lol No this is what happens when you work too many overnights, can't sleep on my days off during the night. Hah I had someone tell me I was Jesus, and my partner was a witch.

OP
OP
titmouse

titmouse

aspiring needlefairy
Ever got someone that got violent?

Hunter

Forum Asst. Chief
Ever got someone that got violent?

No most of the patients that are psych i have are already stable since we're usually transporting them to a secondary facility or to the ER from a crisis center to get medically cleared. We won't take em if they're violent unless we get PD to ride along.

OP
OP
titmouse

titmouse

aspiring needlefairy
Anyone working tomorrow? 12 hours for me

OP
OP
titmouse

titmouse

aspiring needlefairy
Same here 0830. Atleast gonna get off around 2200 hours