OP
titmouse

titmouse

aspiring needlefairy
Too touristy? Lol go to south beach.

kaaatielove

Forum Crew Member
Too touristy? Lol go to south beach.

I lived down there for a while & sobe was my hang out lol. It was a nice motorcycle ride down 95 to 395.. I miss Casolas Pizza at the end of us1 in coconut grove :( used to ride down there every weekend. Im so jealous of you!!

Hunter

Forum Asst. Chief
Went to school in Sarasota, which is where my heart still lies, but I currently work IFT private contract in Port Charlotte area. Working on getting Manatee or Lee under my belt....

I know a guy who works for Sarasota county FD as a medic and lives in Miami, he makes that drive every shift... crazy bat turd.

Have you gotten a call for an interview with manatee yet? I filled out the application but am still waiting for a call. Friend just got hired with them few months ago, says he runs at least one code a week o.o

Hunter

Forum Asst. Chief
OP
OP
titmouse

titmouse

aspiring needlefairy
cool i have received everything. I applied at a private company already, just gotta wait now :D

OP
OP
titmouse

titmouse

aspiring needlefairy
Went to school in Sarasota, which is where my heart still lies, but I currently work IFT private contract in Port Charlotte area. Working on getting Manatee or Lee under my belt....

I know a guy who works for Sarasota county FD as a medic and lives in Miami, he makes that drive every shift... crazy bat turd.

Thats crazy, i came back from ocala today going south on I75 and sarasota is far. lol 3 hour drive daily now thats crazy....

Hunter

Forum Asst. Chief
Thats crazy, i came back from ocala today going south on I75 and sarasota is far. lol 3 hour drive daily now thats crazy....

I did key west for a month 3.5 hour drive, almost 300 miles on my car

sirengirl

Forum Lieutenant
Have you gotten a call for an interview with manatee yet? I filled out the application but am still waiting for a call. Friend just got hired with them few months ago, says he runs at least one code a week o.o

Still haven't heard anything, and manatee is my preferred county at the moment since it's closest to everything I know and love here.... I wish they'd get their shiz together and make calls. I already have testing scheduled with another county that is 2 hours away....

And ditto, one of my friends got hired there in Nov and he put in a good word for me.... Time shall tell...

OP
OP
titmouse

titmouse

aspiring needlefairy
still no card... hopefully tomorrow :rolleyes:

Hunter

Forum Asst. Chief
Still haven't heard anything, and manatee is my preferred county at the moment since it's closest to everything I know and love here.... I wish they'd get their shiz together and make calls. I already have testing scheduled with another county that is 2 hours away....

And ditto, one of my friends got hired there in Nov and he put in a good word for me.... Time shall tell...

Have you looked at sunstar? They aren't hiring right now but they cover pinellas county, directly north west of manatee

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief
Sunstar seems like it should be a good company. They cover parts of East Texas (under a different name) and are a decent company. Especially considering they are the third largest ambulance provider in the US.

I did my medic school ride alongs with them and liked it. I applied with them too, but another service got back to me quicker.

OP
OP
titmouse

titmouse

aspiring needlefairy
Got my card! Gonna apply tomorrow!

Hunter

Forum Asst. Chief

Got an Email from Manatee for Testing and interview.

OP
OP
titmouse

titmouse

aspiring needlefairy
Oh yeah! Got an interview set up tomorrow!

OP
OP
titmouse

titmouse

aspiring needlefairy
American ambulance