Fellow Floridians!

IDMT 1

Forum Ride Along
Daytona Beach here :)
Lived in Ft Laud & Coral Springs for a while and worked at Broward General Medical.
Hey Katie, it is a small world! I lived in Coral Springs off Sample Road and I was a FF/PM at Sta. 71, and believe it or not I did my nursing rotations at Broward general.

Motojunkie

Forum Lieutenant
Been out of the game for a little while, but moved to Tampa and started working for Sunstar. Hell of a lot better than Rural/Metro

tconti12

Forum Ride Along
Coming at ya'll from Ocala. Recently got my EMT-B card in August of 2013 and just got hired by Rural Metro in Sumter county. Surprising considering I have zip experience and I'm barely out of high school (last year as well). Have any of you guys worked for them?
I actually applied there last month. Do you like working at rural metro? Anything about rural in sumter would be great, considering it is hard to find information about working for them.

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
We've quite a few members from Florida. Welcome from Sarasota.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Heh I think if I got offered a job in FL, @FutureEMT2014 would be packing up our bags for me.

Kodiak

Forum Ride Along
Moving to Florida next month from San Diego...New EMT-B NREMT and CA . Prior Military and a good work history. Where is the best place to live and work as a EMT. We a few different options. My other half is bring transferred down here and was given a list of different areas to choose from. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
Moving to Florida next month from San Diego...New EMT-B NREMT and CA . Prior Military and a good work history. Where is the best place to live and work as a EMT. We a few different options. My other half is bring transferred down here and was given a list of different areas to choose from. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Answers specifically to this question should be in the other thread: http://emtlife.com/threads/new-to-florida.39649/

Thomas Roger

Forum Ride Along
Hi all,

New member and current EMT-B student from the South Florida region. I was hoping to have some questions answered in regards to the EMS system here in Florida.
  1. What employment websites would you recommend to find work? Would google suffice or should I approach job listings more traditionally?
  2. Are all private ambulances focused on inter-facility transfer, or can I find work that covers 911?
  3. With EMT-B and CNA certifications are ER Tech positions a viable option?
  4. Relating to question #2, are there any counties/cities that I can find more EMS-911 orientated work?
Cheers!

jaksasquatch

Forum Crew Member
I actually applied there last month. Do you like working at rural metro? Anything about rural in sumter would be great, considering it is hard to find information about working for them.

What information do you need? I think I saw a guy like you on my truck the other day. Good guy, will do well. Small world precepting you for 2 hours only to realize I ignored you on EMT life.