Fellow Floridians!

BOSlife

Forum Crew Member
central florida, realizing how lucky I am to be here going to school as a medic, a lot of experience in the seminole/orange/osceola county EMS systems

Srt4ever

Forum Crew Member
Hello, from the Miami area, just wanted to get a heads up on what to expect tomorrow on the NREMT test as I go in at 5 to take it. Took the EMT course at Coral Springs I feel prepared an also bought the Kaplan EMT-B test prep book, any information or tips would be helpful, thanks

Hunter

Forum Asst. Chief
Hello, from the Miami area, just wanted to get a heads up on what to expect tomorrow on the NREMT test as I go in at 5 to take it. Took the EMT course at Coral Springs I feel prepared an also bought the Kaplan EMT-B test prep book, any information or tips would be helpful, thanks

There's a lot of threads on here about the NREMT-B look some up. However since you're testing tomorrow, I say relax, enjoy yourself, try not to overthink stuff, and don't stress yourself out. If you don't know it by now, you won't know it by tomorrow. Good luck!

Srt4ever

Forum Crew Member
There's a lot of threads on here about the NREMT-B look some up. However since you're testing tomorrow, I say relax, enjoy yourself, try not to overthink stuff, and don't stress yourself out. If you don't know it by now, you won't know it by tomorrow. Good luck!

Thanks will do.

OP
OP
titmouse

titmouse

aspiring needlefairy
srt its not gonna be anything new.

hunter are you in miami as well?

Wheel

Forum Asst. Chief
Hey everyone. I'm from Arkansas originally, but my fiancé and I are looking to move to the central florida area this summer if she gets the job she's looking at. I'm worried about finding work there as a medic, but this is where I think we'll end up eventually.

281mustang

Forum Lieutenant
Sunstar seems like it should be a good company. They cover parts of East Texas (under a different name) and are a decent company. Especially considering they are the third largest ambulance provider in the US.

I did my medic school ride alongs with them and liked it. I applied with them too, but another service got back to me quicker.
Where did you go to school? I got my Basic at SPC.

OP
OP
titmouse

titmouse

aspiring needlefairy
Cool man. Do they test as well? LOL

OP
OP
titmouse

titmouse

aspiring needlefairy
I have taken one already haha I am looking forward to start working

OP
OP
titmouse

titmouse

aspiring needlefairy
Is it busy? Or better said how is the process. Mostly IFTs? Working with 911?

Srt4ever

Forum Crew Member
Just took my test today at 5 was wondering the turn around for the score an were would it be located, also is it good idea to go ahead an work for a private ambulance company to go ahead an get experience before going all in at county rescue team ?

OP
OP
titmouse

titmouse

aspiring needlefairy
Check nremt.org tomorrow morning. And why not? You went to school to be an emt right?

Srt4ever

Forum Crew Member
Check nremt.org tomorrow morning. And why not? You went to school to be an emt right?

Yeah but I few ppl I've talked to said it wasn't a good look, but eventually I would like to do the court rescue as I'm going to fire academy classes February an hopefuly get money saved up for medics.

OP
OP
titmouse

titmouse

aspiring needlefairy
In that case just chill man...

Hunter

Forum Asst. Chief
Yeah but I few ppl I've talked to said it wasn't a good look, but eventually I would like to do the court rescue as I'm going to fire academy classes February an hopefuly get money saved up for medics.

The county just hired, 300 something people, who could apply?
Fire Medics ONLY.
Depending on what company you work for its a good or bad thing, I can't bad mouth any company because I don't work for all of them but the opinion of other providers of some companies isn't good. Plus it's experience, very few places will hire someone without any experience, Specially 911. There is nothing bad about working for a private company for a little while.

Copper

Forum Ride Along
Glad to see fellow Floridians on here.

Just started the class in West Palm Beach and really enjoying it. One of the best things I've started in my life. Can't wait to learn more and hopefully graduate.