You know you are an EMT/Paramedic when...

Sasha

Forum Chief
You look at a 298lb person and go "That's not big!"

SFox3325

Forum Probie
+1

When you watch anything medical on TV and pick apart why it's wrong.

...my family kinda hates me for that one.

My wife hates watching any kind of medical drama shows. My fav. is when the paitent has gone completly flatline on the EKG monitor, and then they grab the Defib. paddles. :wacko:

Lifeguards For Life

Forum Deputy Chief
My wife hates watching any kind of medical drama shows. My fav. is when the paitent has gone completly flatline on the EKG monitor, and then they grab the Defib. paddles. :wacko:

Real life medics do that too.........

Anjel

Forum Angel
You walk into Wal Mart and see an obese or morbidly obese person and the first thing you say to yourself is, "God, my back."

Or.... Please dont fall down lol

medicdan

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
You walk into Wal Mart and see an obese or morbidly obese person and the first thing you say to yourself is, "God, my back."

Or... "Didn't I just take you into the ED?"
a97214_g144_7-hospital.jpg

1137.jpg

1832TX.jpg

HotelCo

Forum Deputy Chief
You see someplace with a lot of steps and think "damn, that'd suck to carry someone down." same with tight corners.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
When you make sure you buy a house that is easy to get a gurney in and out of.

shfd739

Forum Deputy Chief
When you answer your phone at home with your unit number and say "responding". :(

Did this recently...I got off of a busy shift as the shift supervisor and answered my personal phone a few times with "---- Ambulance Service, How can I help you?"...My mother hung up on me and my wife laughed. That same morning I tried to put in my fuel card PIN when putting gas in my POV and tried to go "At Post" on the imaginary MDT when I pulled in my driveway.

Forrest

Forum Crew Member
When you accidentally write "EMT-B", "EMT-P" after signing your name on ANYTHING.

Did that the other day when endorsing a check and when signing the receipt at the chinese restaurant...odd looks needless to say.

kbrodie694

Forum Probie
You have been on a call and had to ask multiple fire, police, and bystanders where is the patient and couldn't get a good answer from anyone but they all had to be there for the fender bender!

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
You have been on a call and had to ask multiple fire, police, and bystanders where is the patient and couldn't get a good answer from anyone but they all had to be there for the fender bender!

That's when you yell, "Who's driving this Red Lexus?" Then ask if anyone else was in the car with them, and so on. lol.

johnrsemt

Forum Deputy Chief
Coming home after a l o n g 24 hour shift; pulled into driveway, got out to walk into my house and there is a deputies car sitting in driveway behind me: first thought was how did I not hit him pulling in.

When I went and talked to him, he said he followed me home to see who I was because at the 6 stoplights he followed me through I stopped at each checked both ways and then ran them. OOPS.
He thought it was funny, it helped that he was on 9 of the 11 runs we had on the 12 hours of his shift over night.

sirengirl

Forum Lieutenant
Coming home after a l o n g 24 hour shift; pulled into driveway, got out to walk into my house and there is a deputies car sitting in driveway behind me: first thought was how did I not hit him pulling in.

When I went and talked to him, he said he followed me home to see who I was because at the 6 stoplights he followed me through I stopped at each checked both ways and then ran them. OOPS.
He thought it was funny, it helped that he was on 9 of the 11 runs we had on the 12 hours of his shift over night.

sorry to be a jerk but I love this so much. Kinda wish there was cop-cam video of it... sigh.

LostViet408

Forum Crew Member
When you get into your own car, reset the Odometer, then drive to the super market and call your wife on the phone and say your "at destination, 0.8 miles"

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
Haha. I reset the trip odometer on my truck this morning when I was leaving work! I noticed I did it and started laughing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

Anjel

Forum Angel
Haha. I reset the trip odometer on my truck this morning when I was leaving work! I noticed I did it and started laughing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

Ive done that too lol