the 100% directionless thread

shfd739

Forum Deputy Chief
Bougies=good. Zoll monitors=meh. Black Box in each truck="road safety" which means get used to hearing "tap tap tap tap tap tap".

Yep. The tapping means you're doing it right lol.

Our Road Safety is being switched out for GeoTab. So far it doesn't seem as sensitive and is less annoying.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Thank god they took the road safety systems out of our rigs. That tapping is obnoxious! Although I asked for it back when I had my shiny new partner to help her learn to drive with me in the back.

Went from Road Safety to DriveCam and now are switching over to iDrive.

It's incredible how often the cameras are on in the rig without you even knowing it. Cab door opening, code lights activating, code lights deactivating, g-forces, over 80 (or 85, I can't remember) MPH and manual activation with the red button. Pretty sure there's more but I can't remember them.

Got some more ink done today. Is it considered an addiction if you have weekly appointments running for the next few months? Gotta finish this arm then starting on the other. Also considered starting the back piece to join them together. Decisions, decisions.

ydavu5ez.jpg

epuhe7ur.jpg

yqu8etaz.jpg

udu9ygub.jpg

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Yep. The tapping means you're doing it right lol.

Our Road Safety is being switched out for GeoTab. So far it doesn't seem as sensitive and is less annoying.

We have bumper stickes "1-800- how's my driving" haha

chillybreeze

Forum Lieutenant
Everyone wants to work with me at both stations right now! Im a white cloud it seems!! Im going on a week and a half and not the first call on my shift at either station. Every other shift has been running like crazy but none on mine!:p

Im pretty sure ive just jinxed myself and its gonna hit the fan soon! Im ready though cause boredom is starting to set in! lol

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
I was almost just one myself while doing yard work.

Im not near as acclimated to the heat as I thought I was.

I'm about to make myself one in a minute :D Getting ready to go for a run :p
uhyteja8.jpg

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
There have been 10 calls or so in the entire valley today. This sucks. I'm so bored. None for us yet since 8am. It's now 3pm.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Ambulance decided to be cute and lock us out with a pt on the gurney getting ready to load them... then decides to be even cuter and unlock right as the second unit showed up...Take that one out of service and get another frontline unit...The headlight wigwag is stuck on in this one so they continually flash no matter what...

Can nothing be easy this bid!? Pain in my ***.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
Two third rides at the new place with no calls. Nonetheless the boss emails me today asking if I can keep working after my third ride ends at the station across time. Hmmm I don't think so.

Wheel

Forum Asst. Chief
Two third rides at the new place with no calls. Nonetheless the boss emails me today asking if I can keep working after my third ride ends at the station across time. Hmmm I don't think so.

You really are a white cloud.

abckidsmom

Dances with Patients
e7e2eban.jpg
We couldn't resist slipping the medic unit in with the apparent cop car show.

This just cracked me up.