the 100% directionless thread

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
LE controls MVAs here unless its an extrication.

That captain would've gotten booted from my scene in a heartbeat and a Supe would definitely be on the way. "Do it yourself." "Ok, go sit in the engine and I'll come talk to you when I'm finished here."

You don't wanna do the job anymore then quit.

We can do anything about it here. We have zero pull with the fire departments. Since we are a private company we have to play nice or else we will lose our contract.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
We can do anything about it here. We have zero pull with the fire departments. Since we are a private company we have to play nice or else we will lose our contract.

We're a private company too but are the medical authority. Plus the way our contract is written the only way we can lose it is if we miss compliance two months in a row and we've never missed a month...so different situation I guess.

Well, I know I could never work where you work lol. I'd get myself fired.

rmabrey

Forum Asst. Chief
Our fire is typically good. Till I called one out on giving nitro durine a hypertensive crisis absent chest pain (hes a medic but fire is bls and it wasnt the patients nitro).

Same crew

Fire: he's not responding to us.
Me: probably not, he's dead. Start CPR

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Our fire is typically good. Till I called one out on giving nitro durine a hypertensive crisis absent chest pain (hes a medic but fire is bls and it wasnt the patients nitro).

Same crew

Fire: he's not responding to us.
Me: probably not, he's dead. Start CPR

*cough* rebound hypertension for the loss *cough*

JPINFV

Gadfly
Is this an actual statistic or did you just make that up? :rolleyes:
I'm thinking the latter of the two.
Nathan-Fillion-Loss-For-Words-Reaction-Gif.gif

shfd739

Forum Deputy Chief
Off for 7 days and back to work.

It's clearly time to work on an exit plan to a new job and possibly place.

chaz90

Community Leader
Community Leader
Wow. Just had my second Red Alert from the National Weather Service this week. Apparently they automatically come through for weather, amber alerts, and presidential addresses on most new smartphones. This one was basically warning that a tornado was coming. No signs so far...

terrible one

Always wandering
I've worked in several counties in SoCal and the vast majority of FDs with ALS believe they are Gods gift to medicine. I am not allowed to comment otherwise or I loose my job. I'm counting down the days until I can leave this state.

abckidsmom

Dances with Patients
Please note: I just didn't transport a BLS patient because his mom was all- "I will just follow in the car." He thought it was STUPID for us to give him a ride if he was already having a ride.

Astonishing.

Wheel

Forum Asst. Chief
Please note: I just didn't transport a BLS patient because his mom was all- "I will just follow in the car." He thought it was STUPID for us to give him a ride if he was already having a ride.

Astonishing.

There's a first time for everything I guess. It's nice to see common sense isn't quite extinct.

usalsfyre

You have my stapler
Wishing I was back in FFX for a day. Captain Brown, even among those who only knew you for a short time you will be missed. RIP.

abckidsmom

Dances with Patients
Wishing I was back in FFX for a day. Captain Brown, even among those who only knew you for a short time you will be missed. RIP.

I know right? It was shockingly quick. He was in the hospital, then out, then back. I suspect a leak from the gut and sepsis was the problem.

He left an impression on me and I didn't even work with the man. I sat in on a class he was teaching.

Hubby and I will be at his funeral whenever they make the plan.

usalsfyre

You have my stapler
I know right? It was shockingly quick. He was in the hospital, then out, then back. I suspect a leak from the gut and sepsis was the problem.

He left an impression on me and I didn't even work with the man. I sat in on a class he was teaching.

Hubby and I will be at his funeral whenever they make the plan.

He used to give me a hard time that he had literally been a medic longer than I had been alive. One of the MANY great role models from that department I still try to live up to. Wish I would be able to attend the funeral, do you know of any arrangements for flowers and/or donations?

abckidsmom

Dances with Patients
We are still waiting to hear details. I will forward them to you when word comes out. Hoping the funeral is Saturday and not Friday, when I'm working I don't think my department would give leave for a situation like this.

MissK

Forum Crew Member
Well, the biggest changes made today were all ET intubations must be bougie-assisted, we're getting Zoll monitors that will be linked up with our computer system, and all units will have black boxes installed. For the most part, I think it's good... different, but good.

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
Bougies=good. Zoll monitors=meh. Black Box in each truck="road safety" which means get used to hearing "tap tap tap tap tap tap".