the 100% directionless thread

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
You really are a white cloud.

I was going it would not follow me to a new district that is almost the opposite of my original spot. Guess not.

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
Ambulance decided to be cute and lock us out with a pt on the gurney getting ready to load them... then decides to be even cuter and unlock right as the second unit showed up...Take that one out of service and get another frontline unit...The headlight wigwag is stuck on in this one so they continually flash no matter what...

Can nothing be easy this bid!? Pain in my ***.

That happens occasionally on our rigs, if we pull on the headlights, they stay steady on since it cuts off wig wag.

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas
Just discovered ancient music from high school (2005-6) on my laptop deep within the Shared/Transferred Files. Terrifyingly horrible taste then.

New Pioneer FX-700BH stereo for the F150, yey!

Anjel

Forum Angel
Just heard on Judge Judy.

"I was so scared I was gonna loose her. She could of went into epileptic shock".

VFlutter

Flight Nurse
It has been a crazy past few days in Saint Louis. I think it is up to 20+ people killed this week either from violent crimes or drugs. There have been a ton of Heorin ODs and armed robberies w/ killings. I hope my holster gets here soon so I can start carrying my XDs.

On another crappy note I just got a email saying that my hospital will be laying off employees. They have cut back staffing and made lots of changes lately but it appears it has not been enough. It is going to be really crappy for a while. My hospital has held off longer than other hospitals in the area but I guess it was bound to happen. The state shooting down the affordable care act has really put hospitals in a tight spot. I am sure a lot of outpatient and elective surgery centers will be on the chomping block.

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
I love running during a storm :D

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
Wildfires in my area are getting very bad, 2 deaths and over 300 homes. Probably going to be staffing an ambulance at the Black Forest fee Monday with my part time gig. We're probably 40 miles from the incident so that'll give you an idea of the resources being committed.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Worked 1030-1630 today. Was supposed to teach from 1700-2330 but the lab got cancelled...ill take the afternoon off but I'm not stoked on having to use pto or make up the hours.

Anjel

Forum Angel
Taste in food is determined by culture. Our cultures determine our food preference. What is considered delicious in one culture might be considered disgusting by another. There are no transcultural, universally accepted standards of taste.

That being said, I'm willing to give the Wild Boar meat a shot since I've never had it before.

Last edited by a moderator:

Anjel

Forum Angel
I'm sure it will taste fine. lol I just don't think I could bring myself to eat it.

Although I think I have had boar jerky.

Aidey

Community Leader Emeritus
No. Just no.

To both of you.

chaz90

Community Leader
Community Leader
I have some hick cousins that introduced me to squirrel meat. It wasn't too bad actually. Frog on the other hand was very difficult for me.

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
A fun afternoon in the simulator lab. And by fun, I mean sweaty.

And I'm sticky with "sim man airway lube". Great.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Morale of today's story is don't huff paint near large bodies of water. You end up waking up dead.

"The officer pulled the man, who was face down, from the water and attempted to resuscitate him with assistance from XXXXX Medics."

Yea...PD intubated him, suctioned, dropped lines, pushed meds and we just assisted. :rolleyes: