the 100% directionless thread

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
Have to say goodbye to an old friend tommorrow morning at 10:00 AM. A golden retriever who has faithfully been by my families side for 19 years and has grown up with our three children. She has gotten cancer and has to be put down. Sad day tommorrow.

19? Holy crap.

I had a Golden Retriver from 3rd grade all the way until end of freshman year of college when we finally put her down. It was horrible. Such a loyal dog.

NESDMEDIC

Forum Crew Member
Our vet has said for a few years now that she has lived longer than normally expected for that breed of dog. She has had back hip problems for awhile now but have been able to keep her relatively comfortable medicine and she was able to be active, I believe hip dysplasia runs in the breed also. In a way I kind of hope she passes away today at home while I and my wife are at work rather than holding her paw tommorrow morning as the vet inject the drugs. Nicest dog I have ever had, very good temperment as the kids were growing up.

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
Yeah, mine had hip problems as well.

I actually think you should go there. I had to work when my parents took mine to the vet, and was very angry that I couldn't be there with her at the end.

NESDMEDIC

Forum Crew Member
Yeah, I will be there, I will be hard but I feel I owe it to until the end. Will bury her with the respect she deserves as any other family member would get.

HotelCo

Forum Deputy Chief
So, as I posted before I'm trying out twitter for a week. Check this out...

HotelCo's twitter message: "Jack Link's beef jerky, is WAY better than Oberto beef jerky." Oberto's reply to my twitter: "Two days into twitter and already talkin' trash... Well then, I disagree"

Oberto called me out... Hilarious

NESDMEDIC

Forum Crew Member
Yeah, mine had hip problems as well.

I actually think you should go there. I had to work when my parents took mine to the vet, and was very angry that I couldn't be there with her at the end.

Just got back from the vet's office, although sad, it seemed like a very humane way to go, it was only a matter of second's from the time of the injection to the end as if she just went to sleep. She is happily remembered but sadly missed.

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
I'm sorry for you.

I know my dog had a great life, so that made it better. I'm sure yours did as well.

VFFforpeople

Forum Captain
So, as I posted before I'm trying out twitter for a week. Check this out...

HotelCo's twitter message: "Jack Link's beef jerky, is WAY better than Oberto beef jerky." Oberto's reply to my twitter: "Two days into twitter and already talkin' trash... Well then, I disagree"

Oberto called me out... Hilarious

HAHAH that is freaking EPIC! Status LOL

VFFforpeople

Forum Captain
Also, I am sorry to hear the loss of your dog. It sucks..can't beat the love of a dog.

LucidResq

Forum Deputy Chief
Pt: "May I please have an emesis basin? I am no longer confident in my ability to retain my stomach contents."

Translation: "I'm not really going to puke. I just wanted you to know that I have an extensive vocabulary."

True story.

Tincanfireman

Airfield Operations
Pt: "May I please have an emesis basin? I am no longer confident in my ability to retain my stomach contents."

Translation: "I'm not really going to puke. I just wanted you to know that I have an extensive vocabulary."

True story.

Pity that they weren't trying to impress a taxi driver instead of an ambulance crewmember. IMHO, if someone is talking like that, they almost certainly don't need an ambulance (or the aforementioned emesis basin...)

traumaqueen63

Forum Probie
Hot dogs! Armour hot dogs! What kind of kids eat Armour hot dogs? Fat kids,skinny kids,kids who climb on rocks,tough kids,sissy kids,even kids with chicken pox loves hot dogs...Arnour hot dogs ------ the dog kids love to bite! (anyone remember that commercial?)

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
I have to be up at 5:30am tomorrow to play pt for the medic class infront of us while they do PHTLS situationals.

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
Did the PHTLS training today.

I got to be a pt who "happened" upon the scene and was to distract the medic students in any way I could. If they didn't call for scene safety, I got to make it "dangerous"

One of the students, after I pushed my way towards the real patient, grabbed a hold of me and walked me away. He kept putting his hands on me, so I started getting agitated. I said "You put your hands on me one more time, and you'll regret it". He said ok buddy and did it again.

I pulled a fake revolver from my pocket, and the look on his face was priceless. He quickly yelled gun, and lunged for it (bad move) and the 3 other students actually fell over themselves trying to run away.

Got a good laugh from the instructors.

Tincanfireman

Airfield Operations
I got to be the hostage taker at a barricaded gunman drill for the cops one time, and after I was placed in custody (handcuffed in back) and transported away from the scene, I took my "backup weapon" out of my sock (got the cuffs in front; I was a lot skinnier then...lol) and held it to the cops neck from the back seat. Needless to say, when we arrived at the Command Post with the cop at gunpoint, the IC had a few moments of prayer (as we say in the South) with his guy re: patdowns and searches.

Last edited by a moderator:

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief
I know this probably won't intrest anyone, but............

Out of the 181 pages of members on the member list,
There are 70 pages of members who have no posts whatsoever. A total of 2081 folks.
There are 130 pages of members who have five or less posts. A total of 3886.
You don't hit people with 100+ posts untill page 174 of 181.

I bet less than 5% of the people on here do more than 90% of the posting.

Ok, done with that. Bored again. I think I hit the sack now and wait for the pager.

LucidResq

Forum Deputy Chief
Can I borrow some of that extra time you have on your hands there buddy?

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
I get to start internship on Saturday night! :D