the 100% directionless thread

Sasha

Forum Chief
Agreed, I'm one of the few that actually brings my own stethoscope. There's no way that I'll use one of the stethoscopes my company provides, they suck and it creeps me out to use something that's been in dozens of peoples ears.

I use the company provided ones. They're great for bps. Mediocre for breathe sounds but after losing two littmanns its far cheaper than bringing my own. I wipe them down with cancer wipes as part of my truck check out.

Sent from LuLu using Tapatalk

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
You could clean it with a flamethrower, I'm still not using those crappy steths on the truck. I'll bring my own… Thanks

JPINFV

Gadfly
You could clean it with a flamethrower, I'm still not using those crappy steths on the truck. I'll bring my own… Thanks
anigif_kill-it-with-fire-26854-1311089041-34_preview.gif

Sasha

Forum Chief

To each their own. If I lose one of the provided ones it doesn't cost me a dime!

Sent from LuLu using Tapatalk

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
"Fire is curative".

My very first scope was scavenged from a trashcan and had a spider nest in one ear stem. The crying and whining at feeding time was deafening...in the left ear.;)
You could be like so many other people and steal someone else's, that way neither you NOR the company lose out when you leave it somewhere or someone steals it from you....

Last edited by a moderator:

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
I've been with my new partner for 3 days and I already can't stand him. Only two more months before shift bids take effect and I get a partner I can stand.

The old saying "there is no stupid question" is false because this guy asks some extremely stupid questions. :wacko:

EDIT: and my patient just peed on the gurney...

Last edited by a moderator:

Sasha

Forum Chief
I've been with my new partner for 3 days and I already can't stand him. Only two more months before shift bids take effect and I get a partner I can stand.

The old saying "there is no stupid question" is false because this guy asks some extremely stupid questions. :wacko:

EDIT: and my patient just peed on the gurney...

You say that like it's not a normal occurrence...

fast65

Doogie Howser FP-C
Just answered an all-call, drove 15 minutes to the station to find the ambulance gone and two extra cars in the parking lot...thanks for letting me know Mr. Sup...

medic417

The Truth Provider
Just answered an all-call, drove 15 minutes to the station to find the ambulance gone and two extra cars in the parking lot...thanks for letting me know Mr. Sup...

Your welcome. Now don't let the door hit you where the lord split you.

MrBrown

Forum Deputy Chief
My condolences Kat. It appears to be really hard to get rid of your annoying fungus.
Why do people think I was referring to a person?

I am sorry for posting this here because it's not fair on everybody else, you or me however I've been driven into a corner and no longer have a choice; something has got to be said.

You are referring to me, it's so blatantly bloody obvious. Why don't you just deal with whatever problem you have with me rather than leaving snide comments here and there?

You aren't kidding. Looks like I need to start packing fungus remover next to my troll repellant.

You act like I am on your case 24/7 every day without relent. Do you realise I'm not? If I went to the harassing forum and said "I'm harassing somebody but haven't had anything to do with them for weeks" they'd laugh!

Being referred to as a "fungus" is pretty hurtful. I've never said a truly bad word about anybody over any of this. I'm no Choir Boy so if anybody else has suffered at my hand then that is something I regret and wasn't intentional.

Everybody's quick to persecute me but not to me directly. If anybody has something to say to me, or thinks something of me, come and tell ME!

I wasn't going to come back (but figured if we all stayed out of each others way where is the problem) ... but it's clear I can't because it's not fair on everybody else or those who run this site to have to put up with this nor is it really fair on the people involved.

All I wanted was for a very special person to be happy, for whatever dreams or ambitions she told me to come true. I'm not saying that to "get attention" or anything weird like that, it's because she showed me unconditional love and affection. In spite of everything that's happened that's something I will always be thankful for.

Ambulance, Medivac airborne ....

medic417

The Truth Provider
I am sorry for posting this here because it's not fair on everybody else, you or me however I've been driven into a corner and no longer have a choice; something has got to be said.

You are referring to me, it's so blatantly bloody obvious. Why don't you just deal with whatever problem you have with me rather than leaving snide comments here and there?

You act like I am on your case 24/7 every day without relent. Do you realise I'm not? If I went to the harassing forum and said "I'm harassing somebody but haven't had anything to do with them for weeks" they'd laugh!

Being referred to as a "fungus" is pretty hurtful. I've never said a truly bad word about anybody over any of this. I'm no Choir Boy so if anybody else has suffered at my hand then that is something I regret and wasn't intentional.

Everybody's quick to persecute me but not to me directly. If anybody has something to say to me, or thinks something of me, come and tell ME!

I wasn't going to come back (but figured if we all stayed out of each others way where is the problem) ... but it's clear I can't because it's not fair on everybody else or those who run this site to have to put up with this nor is it really fair on the people involved.

All I wanted was for a very special person to be happy, for whatever dreams or ambitions she told me to come true. I'm not saying that to "get attention" or anything weird like that, it's because she showed me unconditional love and affection. In spite of everything that's happened that's something I will always be thankful for.

Ambulance, Medivac airborne ....

Your so vain you probably think this song is about you.....

Anjel

Forum Angel
Has anyone heard from lightsandsirens45?

Hopefully he is doing ok on his little trip.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
CBRNE WMD scenario tomorrow :cool: Yay for Tyvek suits, duct tape and respirators all day!

At least it's only gonna be ~40 degrees so we all wont die of heat stroke.

bigbaldguy

Former medic seven years 911 service in houston
Bad blood is bad blood but it's time to grow up. When I see my ex at the grocery store I don't make nasty comments to the other shoppers regardless of how I might feel about them and neither do they because A. We're adults and B. Nobody else really gives a s@$& how we feel about each other. We do what grownups do which is smile be polite and move on.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
You say that like it's not a normal occurrence...

Actually it's not a normal occurrence. I've been on BLS for 7 months full time and I have never had anyone pee/poop/vomit on the gurney. For vomit it got close. The person was throwing up the hospital but while we were transporting nothing. And then once we got to the next hospital the vomiting started again.

bigbaldguy

Former medic seven years 911 service in houston
Actually it's not a normal occurrence. I've been on BLS for 7 months full time and I have never had anyone pee/poop/vomit on the gurney. For vomit it got close. The person was throwing up the hospital but while we were transporting nothing. And then once we got to the next hospital the vomiting started again.

Obvious case of hospital induced nausea, or possibly reverse kinetosis.

EMT11KDL

Forum Asst. Chief
The worst thing about dating someone with kids is when you get the phone call saying, My son is throwing up everywhere and broke out in a full body rash.... and is running a fever!!! than once u get to talk to her, (after 15 mins of trying to figure out what is going on) she says everything is fine, he isnt running a fever and the rash has gone away..