the 100% directionless thread

CritterNurse

Forum Captain
There has to be noise in the background or I can't stay asleep.

I need familiar noise in the background. In my bedroom, that means the sound of the timer I have my lamp plugged into, and my scanner on low.

I bought a pair of sleep-phones for when I need to sleep in an unfamiliar place. They're pretty much like those headbands you can wear to keep your ears warm in winter, but with flexible headphones built in. The wires come out the back, and I plug them into my MP3 player, either set to the radio, or playing a favorite album.

BrushBunny91

Forum Lieutenant
i want a new mountain bike...

adamjh3

Forum Culinary Powerhouse
I need familiar noise in the background. In my bedroom, that means the sound of the timer I have my lamp plugged into, and my scanner on low.

I bought a pair of sleep-phones for when I need to sleep in an unfamiliar place. They're pretty much like those headbands you can wear to keep your ears warm in winter, but with flexible headphones built in. The wires come out the back, and I plug them into my MP3 player, either set to the radio, or playing a favorite album.

From whence did you procure said headphones?

Last edited by a moderator:

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Anyone know of any good articles about Reyes Syndrome? The PubMed and Google gods aren't treating me well tonight :(

Bad blood is bad blood but it's time to grow up. When I see my ex at the grocery store I don't make nasty comments to the other shoppers regardless of how I might feel about them and neither do they because A. We're adults and B. Nobody else really gives a s@$& how we feel about each other. We do what grownups do which is smile be polite and move on.

Preach it brotha!

Nervegas

Forum Lieutenant
From whence did you procure said headphones?

I saw some of them at brookstone when I was in the mall recently. They are basically earmuffs with a velcro strap to keep it on your head and built in flat speakers.

CritterNurse

Forum Captain
I saw some of them at brookstone when I was in the mall recently. They are basically earmuffs with a velcro strap to keep it on your head and built in flat speakers.

Those aren't quite the model I had. The ones I have look just like those fabric headbands I wear in the winter. I sent adamjh3 a PM with the link to where I ordered mine, since I'm not quite sure where the line of 'no advertising on the forums' is drawn.

adamjh3

Those aren't quite the model I had. The ones I have look just like those fabric headbands I wear in the winter. I sent adamjh3 a PM with the link to where I ordered mine, since I'm not quite sure where the line of 'no advertising on the forums' is drawn.

Thanks for the PM, looks like I'll be picking up a pair.

And I'm pretty sure you're safe to post the link as 1) it came up in the course of conversation and 2) you (I assume) gain no monetary benefit from posting the link.

I'd post it for you but i still don't know how exactly to copyand paste on my phone haha

fast65

Doogie Howser FP-C
Ugh, not a single call all day...and yes, my partner and I did just sword fight with our radios

Anjel

Forum Angel
Ugh, not a single call all day...and yes, my partner and I did just sword fight with our radios

I have gotten to that part of boredom. It's understandable lol

We karaoked with our student and my partner sang my heart will go on over the PA.

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member

You use radios? We use... err... nevermind...

shfd739

Forum Deputy Chief
People are just clueless. I'm trying to sell a set of extra wheels/tires off our wrecked Infiniti with a really good price and I'm getting low balled at 25% off my bottom line take price. I just asked the last one why he lowballed me and the replied "well that's all I have. But if you change your mind let me know". Umm.... The price ain't changing. Especially not when a handful of others are going to wind up in a race to be the first with money in hand to get them.

Wasting my time.

Sent from my electronic overbearing life controller

fast65

Doogie Howser FP-C
You use radios? We use... err... nevermind...

Well I made other suggestions, but my partner thought it would be awkward...

Now he's asking his iPhone questions about me.

BrushBunny91

Forum Lieutenant
Ive got my first ride along with amr tomorrow! wish me luck!

fast65

Doogie Howser FP-C
Tummy sticks?

That may have been on the list...but in reality I'm not sure what they are, so no.

And now my partner has gone to bed and I am left alone to watch The Big Bang Theory...all alone, again.

adamjh3

My partner is like a younger brother... that you don't really like... that has some sort of mental deficit.

He's like a giant 5 year old.

Kind of like a teletubby.

Maybe I'm irritated because I haven't had a dip in close to a week.

Sasha

Forum Chief
I have gotten to that part of boredom. It's understandable lol

We karaoked with our student and my partner sang my heart will go on over the PA.

Done it. But it was My Humps and I didn't realize the PA actually worked til my partner who was smoking outside almost peed herself from laughing so hard.

My former Saturday partner and I sang quite a lot. I am sure anyone who passed by us thought twice about the competence of emts and paramedics as we jammed out.

Sent from LuLu using Tapatalk

Sasha

Forum Chief
My partner is like a younger brother... that you don't really like... that has some sort of mental deficit.

He's like a giant 5 year old.

Kind of like a teletubby.

Maybe I'm irritated because I haven't had a dip in close to a week.

Is he like Tinky Winky the awkward gay teletubby or like Po the kind of adorable one?

Sent from LuLu using Tapatalk