the 100% directionless thread

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Looks like in the next week or so I'll be picking up a used Ninja 250, Ninja 500 or Buell Blast... I'll be happy to be able to play on two wheels again.

8jimi8

CFRN
Looks like in the next week or so I'll be picking up a used Ninja 250, Ninja 500 or Buell Blast... I'll be happy to be able to play on two wheels again.

When are you picking up a ticket to austin?!!

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
When are you picking up a ticket to austin?!!

As soon as I get word that I either have an interview or a job. I've sent resumes into every single hospital opening I could find and every EMS service (911 and IFT) I could get an email to.

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
Aw , that would be fun to have a pet turtle.
Bugs don't bother me, just spiders. That is the one kind I can't handle. :p

I HATE spiders. Tends to happen after a tarantula chases you across a driveway when you're a kid.

It's not so much as a "fear" as it is a hatred and gross-out-ness. As soon as I see one I look for the closest thing I can use to kill the damn thing 30 times over.

Doesn't matter if it's a daddy long legs, tarantula, wolf spider, ect etc... they all equally need to die.

Emma

Forum Lieutenant
I HATE spiders. Tends to happen after a tarantula chases you across a driveway when you're a kid.

It's not so much as a "fear" as it is a hatred and gross-out-ness. As soon as I see one I look for the closest thing I can use to kill the damn thing 30 times over.

Doesn't matter if it's a daddy long legs, tarantula, wolf spider, ect etc... they all equally need to die.

Tarantulas have nice soft feet, if you hold still and let them explore. They're really slow moving gentle things. If you shriek and run, they get scared and run too. B) I used to have one in my classroom and he was great for teaching kids to hold still, lol.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
I just read the first page of my services protocol and SOG book... apparently I am authorized to act under full scope and standing orders while off duty... all over the state of texas. That scares me a little.

Last edited by a moderator:

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Why? That's the way it SHOULD be.

Meh initial reaction. Training in NM was that the majority of providers operated as BLS off duty. Or to their scope in their service area. It still wont get me to ever carry anything more than bandaging or maybe splinting gear though.

Last edited by a moderator:

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
True, but no reason why we shouldnt have the ability to act within our scope in our state.

Not like we leave our knowledge at the station when we clock out...

HotelCo

Forum Deputy Chief
True, but no reason why we shouldnt have the ability to act within our scope in our state.

Not like we leave our knowledge at the station when we clock out...

Would you truly be able to perform at your level? Sure, you can use your knowledge to help diagnose, but beyond that you can't do much beyond a BLS scope. You have no meds off duty, no cardiac monitor, no IV equipment, not much of anything, except perhaps a small jump bag. (If you have all of the equipment, then:
headslap.gif
)

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
Would you truly be able to perform at your level? Sure, you can use your knowledge to help diagnose, but beyond that you can't do much beyond a BLS scope. You have no meds off duty, no cardiac monitor, no IV equipment, not much of anything, except perhaps a small jump bag. (If you have all of the equipment, then:
headslap.gif
)

That's the thing: If you could work to your full scope off duty, then yes, I just *might* carry something. Not an ambulance, not a LifePak15, etc etc, but the reason people don't carry stuff off duty is that they wouldn't be able to use it legally.

You bet your *** if I could work to my full scope off duty, and a family member or friend needed it, I'd be more than willing to carry the stuff needed for them.

Heck, even if it was just IVs and IV fluids for when playing sports outdoors and someone gets dehydrated.

medicRob

Forum Deputy Chief
medicRob (3rd Person) is in chat.

Aprz

The New Beach Medic

I'm grossed out by daddy long legs and crane flies. I always (paper) cup them and throw 'em out my second story window.

medicRob

Forum Deputy Chief
Statistica + Endnote = One hell of a combination for working on one's research manuscript.

... just sayin.

8jimi8

CFRN
my #$%^&* ng car window got smashed in and the EFFing ran off with my work backpack, which had nothing but clinical paperwork, books
that i use and my EFFING LITMANN 3100...