the 100% directionless thread

StCEMT

Forum Deputy Chief
Getting to do actual CCT transports on a regular basis has been a welcome change of pace. Spending a few hours on one sick person instead of getting beat into the ground with ******** after ******** is doing wonders at keeping the burnout away.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Good luck.

Just found out we will be flying a 407 as a back up in the near future. Having a cot in my first air medical gig has really spoiled me.
Having any actual access to your patient has spoiled you.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Ive been in a 407 exactly once, and I was loading a balloon pump, It didnt look super awesome. Beyond that my only experience has been a 135.
It’s a very reliable platform that can take weight and hold a lot of fuel. However it is far from the best platform for medical care. Patients have to be able to fit in a 19”x19” box at their hips and you really only have access from about the nipple line up on your patients. It’s one where you need to do a lot of your skills before flight and make sure you position the patient well enough so you have access to IV lines/locks.

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
Those lines in the carpet after you vacuum it is the most satisfying thing ever.

luke_31

Forum Asst. Chief
Dang, that condo I was looking at last year? Apparently it's still on the market, and the price has dropped to $180K... 2 story, 3 bed 3 bath, 1465 sq ft, 2 car garage, fireplace, dishwasher, fridge, microwave hood included... Makes me wanna call a realtor today lol
Go for it if it makes financial sense. Renting never gets cheaper and it’s still never really your place.

DragonClaw

Emergency Medical Texan
Surgery on back burner, been doing therapy instead. It's been 6 weeks to the day of injury. I see the dr tomorrow and then one last therapy session of the 2 week therapy group.

Maybe then I'll be cleared for experimental light duty

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
I Was gonna buy a new laptop with some of the extra on this last paycheck. Now I'm thinking of sticking that $7-800 in a side account, add my tax return (I should just need to plug in my one W2 and be done, didn't have any complicated Ubering last year lol) and maybe another months worth of OT saving and should have a nice little pile to afford misc moving expenses, and be able to seriously start talking to bank peeps/realtor peeps about getting the keys to that place.

Like that price, seriously looks like I can get a lower monthly payment then my current rent! Its not much further from work than my current place either. An extra mile or two on the freeway (tho that might add 10 min of traffic in the morning... but if I get any of the station transfers I want I'll still end up with a shorter commute I think).

Def think I'm gonna go for it, just gotta put together the upfront costs first lol.

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
Go for it if it makes financial sense. Renting never gets cheaper and it’s still never really your place.

Buying a house is the best thing ever... only thing that can get better is paying it off. Hands down the best financial decision I've ever made, its mine and I can do whatever the hell I want to it which after renting is a liberating feeling.

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
I figure a condo like this, far more permanent than an apt lol, but still less permanent than a house? Like still be looking to buy a house house in 15ish years? Kinda like I grew up in a condo, then my folks moved out into a house, but that was a good 20 years we/they lived in the condo.

Still this property just looks/feels more like a house than my current apt lol (I did a drive thru of the neighborhood when I first saw the listing, place doesn't look too bad from the outside, need a tour of the inside, but the pics look nice at least Haha)

StCEMT

Forum Deputy Chief
Buying a house is the best thing ever... only thing that can get better is paying it off. Hands down the best financial decision I've ever made, its mine and I can do whatever the hell I want to it which after renting is a liberating feeling.
On the flip side, my apartment is walking distance from work and all my costs are fixed in one single bill. No guestimating electical/water/whatever and I only drive to see friends and family. But I definitely wouldn't want to be here forever. For now though, its ****ing perfect.

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Meanwhile there's a second alarm building fire going on in town (nowhere near us, but I'm living vicariously by listening to the tac channel on the radio lol)
EMS District Chief had requested two ambulances. One for initial standby, then they had an injured occupant (sounds like minor) that a second unit was requested for actual transport. (Why, with an EMS Chief on scene, didn't the first unit transport and the second go on scene for standby vs the 1st unit transfer care? *shrugs*)

CCCSD

Forum Deputy Chief
Dang, that condo I was looking at last year? Apparently it's still on the market, and the price has dropped to $180K... 2 story, 3 bed 3 bath, 1465 sq ft, 2 car garage, fireplace, dishwasher, fridge, microwave hood included... Makes me wanna call a realtor today lol

Big Island?

Qulevrius

Nationally Certified Wannabe
I figure a condo like this, far more permanent than an apt lol, but still less permanent than a house? Like still be looking to buy a house house in 15ish years? Kinda like I grew up in a condo, then my folks moved out into a house, but that was a good 20 years we/they lived in the condo.

Still this property just looks/feels more like a house than my current apt lol (I did a drive thru of the neighborhood when I first saw the listing, place doesn't look too bad from the outside, need a tour of the inside, but the pics look nice at least Haha)

No matter what it is, it’ll still gonna be your property instead of you paying someone else’s mortgage. Plus, the tax breaks that you’ll get from owning one.