the 100% directionless thread

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas
It's normal for them to convert 24s to 12s after they reach a certain UHU so that a 24 hour crew isn't being run in the ground. It will require hiring some more folks to fully staff it out. As far as I know no contracts were lost and We've never laid people off.
Again, you're pointing out issues that aren't isolated ones.

It sounds like someone applied and didn't get a job or some situation along those lines.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
na bro i left ems.

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
WHY???? That's all i have to ask.
Daesh has decided to give us a glimpse into their worldview and what their answer to the equality question is ando how they rule their people

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Has anyone ever had an ER set up a transfer for an ambulatory patient to be transported via ambulance to a homeless shelter? That just happened. Luckily, the transport was cancelled when the higher ups were made aware of the situation.

Also, I just noticed I haven't posted in over a year. I guess I've been lurking way too long.

Mufasa556

Forum Captain
Has anyone ever had an ER set up a transfer for an ambulatory patient to be transported via ambulance to a homeless shelter? That just happened. Luckily, the transport was cancelled when the higher ups were made aware of the situation.

Never did that. The ER I work at now has an account with one of the local cab companies.

We did show up to transport a homeless guy one night from an ER who had given the ER/Dispatch the address to where he was staying. I had worked in the area a long time and was pretty sure there were no residential, SNFs, or shelters on that street. When I looked up the address it turned out to be an out of business fast food restaurant. Transport cancelled.

Gurby

Forum Asst. Chief

BLS crew at my company once picked a homeless guy up from his car... Brought him to the hospital so he could get his meds refilled, then brought him back to his car... "gas costs money, ambulance is free"...

I'm all for helping the community, and if somebody is unable to comply with prescribed meds that's an issue that should be addressed.... But I dunno...

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
That would not fly. Hell, my protocols state that I can refuse to transport if their only complaint is that they want a med refill

luke_31

Forum Asst. Chief
That would not fly. Hell, my protocols state that I can refuse to transport if their only complaint is that they want a med refill
That situation sounds like an ultimate lose/lose. Either way it doesn't work well for the patient. A taxi voucher program would be appropriate for that scenario as it doesn't do any good if they don't have the money to move the car but need their mess to stay relatively healthy.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
That situation sounds like an ultimate lose/lose. Either way it doesn't work well for the patient. A taxi voucher program would be appropriate for that scenario as it doesn't do any good if they don't have the money to move the car but need their mess to stay relatively healthy.
Most of our urban outdoorsman camp out within six blocks of the hospital on the beach. Or they are at the Salvation Army, which has a shuttle to get them to the hospital. The ones who call are the ones with an opioid addiction and want transport off island to another ED, for the most part, because that hospital hadn't seen them as often. We don't transport off island at all if we are an island 911 truck

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas
Two mass shootings in three days. This is getting ridiculous.

SandpitMedic

Crowd pleaser
Me, walking down the hall in the hospital with a to-go lunch container.
Lady, "Excuse me sir? Do you?....Oh, never mind... You're just an ambulance driver."
Me, "Yeah I am, sorry."

ViolynEMT

Forum Chiefess
My friend that was in hospice passed away a few hours ago. It's really sad, but he suffered for months and I'm glad the pain and suffering is over for him. It's tough for those left behind, but I'm happy that he's at peace now.

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
A few days ago, one of our former co-workers shared a video of the pilot episode of the 2nd season of On Duty: xxxxx, It looks pretty cool and I like how it's filmed documentary style and not reality style. I look forward to see the broadcast of it!

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
A few days ago, one of our former co-workers shared a video of the pilot episode of the 2nd season of On Duty: xxxxx, It looks pretty cool and I like how it's filmed documentary style and not reality style. I look forward to see the broadcast of it!
I wasn't a fan of their coachella fest segment. "Here is coachella fest with over 100,000 people. AMR handles all the medical stuff. We have put out a couple of trash can fires tho"

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
I wasn't a fan of their coachella fest segment. "Here is coachella fest with over 100,000 people. AMR handles all the medical stuff. We have put out a couple of trash can fires tho"

I'm surprised that they even mentioned AMR there to be honest lol. When they did the Santa Barbara season, they didn't even mention the ambulance companies doing the transport.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief