the 100% directionless thread

StCEMT

Forum Deputy Chief
When class starts today.
Primary: Is it cold in here?
Class: Nah, we're good.
Primary: Huh feels a bit chilly in here, glad I brought this. *pulls out Blues snuggie and looks at the Blawhawks fan*
Class: You savage *laughs*

Our teacher has jokes yall.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
image.jpeg
We have a 13 year old in our response area who likes to go into SVT. Patient also has horrible IV access.

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
It's one thing to get a late call that has us clearing the hospital 5 min after our scheduled off time....it's a completely different thing when they give you another call on your way back to station, especially for what turned out to be a glorified (because it should've been IMO) IFT (pick up from the local jail, to take an inmate to the hospital to be cleared for booking because the guy -who is a paraplegic- got a 2 in cut to the bottom of his toe...yeah, great reason to call 911 sheriff's dept rawrg (especially when we had to wait 60 min for you guys to finish doing paperwork so we could actually transport the guy!)
</frustrating night shift> lol

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
I know Rural/Metro is kind of like AMR, but it kind of isn't either. Rural/Metro was bought by AMR's parent company Envision Healthcare. The two companies are related in that way, but still separate. They are slowly attempting to transition Rural/Metro into AMR, but that will be awhile. For the most part, Rural/Metro Santa Clara has been untouched.
It's starting to get funny looking here with people wearing uniforms of one company in the ambulance of another. Walked in yesterday and found that our op now has an RM supe vehicle, I guess ours got wrecked and they didn't need it anymore.

luke_31

Forum Asst. Chief
Moving into Georgia next week and still working on the packing. Amazing how much stuff is accumulated over a couple years. Probably not a great idea to be working the day before but I'm not taking the day off just to be ready to move the next day.

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
This is going to be a long, long shift. Hopefully I can squeeze in a nap before getting raped tonight

chaz90

Community Leader
Community Leader
We're getting Levophed at our next protocol update later this year. Jury is still out on Ketamine. I can't say I use pressors all that often, but norepinephrine seems to have a bit more utility for our purposes than dopamine.

Carlos Danger

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
We're getting Levophed at our next protocol update later this year. Jury is still out on Ketamine. I can't say I use pressors all that often, but norepinephrine seems to have a bit more utility for our purposes than dopamine.
I'd say ketamine has way more utility prehospital than norepi does

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
And are you getting pumps? Or is it still just eyeball it and hope that you don't hit any big bumps on the way?

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
Going to find out how many energy drinks it takes to induce anxiety... RedBull girls stopped by the station :D

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Going to find out how many energy drinks it takes to induce anxiety... RedBull girls stopped by the station :D
Lol I love when that happens. Hook yourself to your lifepak and start chugging

Carlos Danger

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
I discovered a new Monster variety.....Citrus Ultra. Awesome.