the 100% directionless thread

chaz90

Community Leader
Community Leader
Started at a new place, tons of overtime opportunities. I just finished a 144 hour stretch, I'm in the middle of 72 off then I'm back on Saturday for another 120 hours. My next paycheck is going to be fantastic.

Uncle Sam thanks you for your taxable contributions to society.

VFlutter

Flight Nurse
ACLS for nurses? "Press code blue button. Wait for doctor to arrive and give orders."

/troll face.

:rolleyes:

I can't really deny that for most floor nurses.

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
:rolleyes:

I can't really deny that for most floor nurses.

It was an experience. The only one who had a clue was an OR nurse who worked at an offsite surgery center doing plastics. The others, a new ICU nurse, a couple of PACU nurses, a couple of new grad nurses and a Med Surg nurse were all clueless... By the time that class was over, I had em running megacodes like paramedics. Doing awesome, kick *** CPR, having meds ready to go, working as a team, precharging the monitor before the rhythm check, minimizing hands off the chest time. I mean, these nurses were ON it.

Sadly, they'll forget it all in a few days. But today, I'm taking home a small feeling of accomplishment. If just ONE of them does effective CPR, then it was worth it.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Defiantly need to work more shifts with the medic I had yesterday :ph34r:

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
A couple weeks ago I interviewed at a local Class 1 FD. They're only looking for ~16 New FF-EMTs. I got the email today saying I passed my oral interview board with an 83% and was ranked 102 on the eligibility list. Unfortunately they're only taking the top 50 to the next step (physical ability test and then backgrounds).

So I guess a bunch of people have go flunk either PAT or background :-/

OTOH I do have an interview for Ambulance Operator at the same department next week.

EMT B

Forum Captain
just had my anual physical...looks like the old ticker is still working :D

1378031_10200635311872852_1987706763_n.jpg

SandpitMedic

Crowd pleaser

Carlos Danger

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
It was an experience. The only one who had a clue was an OR nurse who worked at an offsite surgery center doing plastics. The others, a new ICU nurse, a couple of PACU nurses, a couple of new grad nurses and a Med Surg nurse were all clueless... By the time that class was over, I had em running megacodes like paramedics. Doing awesome, kick *** CPR, having meds ready to go, working as a team, precharging the monitor before the rhythm check, minimizing hands off the chest time. I mean, these nurses were ON it.

Sadly, they'll forget it all in a few days. But today, I'm taking home a small feeling of accomplishment. If just ONE of them does effective CPR, then it was worth it.

Why do you assume they'll forget it all in a few days?

EMS Fanatic

Forum Crew Member
What do you do when?

What do you do when your off your shift having leisure time away from the fun bus with a bunch of flashing lights and loud sirens?

Anjel

Forum Angel
What do you do when your off your shift having leisure time away from the fun bus with a bunch of flashing lights and loud sirens?

Have a life. Enjoy life. Forget about work.

Sorry I'm not a fanatic.

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
Lounge around.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll

Relax. It's soon to be dirt bike season so that is what I'm going to be spending some time on.

As for the first of the year I'm either going to be at work or sitting in a class room for medic school (1 entrance test left).

Anjel

Forum Angel