the 100% directionless thread

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Ugh so tired of this state... I'm looking at moving. East coast? NC or the RAA in Richmond are both looking like good options.

EMT B

Forum Captain
oooh i know this one...maine..pick maine...we just had some interesting protocol changes...maybe we are just behind the 8ball though cause the WV scope of practice is much more progressive still

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
oooh i know this one...maine..pick maine...we just had some interesting protocol changes...maybe we are just behind the 8ball though cause the WV scope of practice is much more progressive still

I actually did work up there earlier this year with Amr near kittery and burwick. I liked it up there. Not sure I wanna stay with Amr though

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
What kind of system are you looking for?

I would prefer a third service. Preferably rural or longer transport times.

9D4

Forum Asst. Chief
Why do I have to be a white cloud? I dislike it immensely, but other people like it so much.
Did my first vehicular today at a station that averages 14 calls a day. My 12 hour shift had... an amazing 3! 2 if you don't count the hospice patient that refused right when we walked in.
The 2 sucked, too. Couldn't talk to one, bc he only spoke spanish and the other was just a bout of dizziness.
So, after a total of 8 ride alongs and 1 vehicular shift, I have a total of 4 calls under my belt. Whoo-hoo.

Anjel

Forum Angel
yte2aba8.jpg

It's the little things in life like picking a brand new drug box at the Hospital, that make me happy.

It's so pretty and clean!

Anjel

Forum Angel

Anjel

Forum Angel
Lol that's at least twice a shift, Anjel ;) :p

I give it quite a bit but when we exchange our box at the hospital it's always nasty and beat up.

This one is pretty lol and new. And not defiled.

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
We're in the process of phasing those exact boxes out for some new bags. You can't give firefighters something made of plastic and expect it to last...

EMT B

Forum Captain
You keep fent in the box? We have a safe on all our trucks that only the Knox box key or a paramedic pass code can unlock...that's where we keep the fent and the versed. And to get a k-box key release you have to give dispatch your radio number

Yeah we're pretty cool (awful pun 100% intended) up in the almost Canada part of the United States...

Last edited by a moderator:

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
You keep fent in the box? We have a safe on all our trucks that only the Knox box key or a paramedic pass code can unlock...that's where we keep the fent and the versed. And to get a k-box key release you have to give dispatch your radio number

Yeah we're pretty cool (awful pun 100% intended) up in the almost Canada part of the United States...

I keep my little otterbox with my morphine, fent, versed, and valium in my pocket at all times until shift is over, then I turn it over to the oncoming medic

abckidsmom

Dances with Patients
Ugh so tired of this state... I'm looking at moving. East coast? NC or the RAA in Richmond are both looking like good options.

RAA is awesome. They have some small issues, but for the most part are really what they advertise themselves to be. The authority is financially strong as well.

I have experience in that system and have many friends there. They are right next door to us, too. Do it. You won't regret it.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
I keep my little otterbox with my morphine, fent, versed, and valium in my pocket at all times until shift is over, then I turn it over to the oncoming medic

Most of our medics do this (aside from the fancy otterbox). We have a dual lock system on the ambulance. The key is on the extra key ring, that is used to lock/unlock the rig, but the extra key ring is held by the EMT. It creates some fun times.

We also don't carry plastic drug boxes like Angel has. We have small ones (that fisherman use) that are stored in our response bag and restock bag.

Another topic: Has anyone been having issues with their BVM being deformed (the bag portion is misshapen and won't fill completely)? We have been having this issue for quite a while. Today I had to toss 6 brand new BVMs into a "bad" box.

EMT B

Forum Captain
Ok stupid question but were they expired? Out here in WV everything from the IV caths to the OPAs have expiration dates. I think the only things on the truck that don't expire are the sheets, and the tin foil

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Ok stupid question but were they expired? Out here in WV everything from the IV caths to the OPAs have expiration dates. I think the only things on the truck that don't expire are the sheets, and the tin foil

Negative. The ones I tossed today were just shipped to us a couple of days ago. It's been happening to new and old ones. Right now we are working with our supplier of the BVM and the actual company that makes them to find out what's happening.

Anjel

Forum Angel
Every service in our county has that box. Instead of each service replenishing the drugs only the hospitals do.

So after a call where we use something and break the green tag. We give our old box to the ER and they give us a new one.

abckidsmom

Dances with Patients
Every service in our county has that box. Instead of each service replenishing the drugs only the hospitals do.

So after a call where we use something and break the green tag. We give our old box to the ER and they give us a new one.

We do the same thing with the same box, Angel. We have 2 on the truck.

I love having a paramedic student from out of the area who doesn't know the secret about getting it open. For whatever reason, that's always good for a stupid laugh.