the 100% directionless thread

Household6

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
Not trying to sound like an a hole but unless you had one of those CPR sensors I doubt you were hitting the right depth and rate after a couple rounds.

To bad you guys can't take a verbal DNR . It makes thi vs a lot easier... On us and the families.

Likely true about the depth.. We do have the metronome on the Lifepak, very helpful.

Jambi

Forum Deputy Chief
So I'm teaching a refresher class this fall and the former instructor isn't too happy about it, and he has taken the professional course by refusing the provide any of his material. :glare:

So I have no idea what he was doing, nor how he was approaching the class. What irritates me the most is that I've got to produce a syllabus from scratch (mostly). Granted, there's a reason he's no longer teaching the course, so use of his material may be iffy, but I rather dislike reinventing the wheel.

On a positive note, get the chance to make a refresher class something more than the same old boring rehash that most are. :beerchug:

So if anyone have any particularly good ideas to share, PM me.

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
So I'm teaching a refresher class this fall and the former instructor isn't too happy about it, and he has taken the professional course by refusing the provide any of his material. :glare:

So I have no idea what he was doing, nor how he was approaching the class. What irritates me the most is that I've got to produce a syllabus from scratch (mostly). Granted, there's a reason he's no longer teaching the course, so use of his material may be iffy, but I rather dislike reinventing the wheel.

On a positive note, get the chance to make a refresher class something more than the same old boring rehash that most are. :beerchug:

So if anyone have any particularly good ideas to share, PM me.

Check your PM. If it's an EMT refresher class I might be able to help with getting you lesson plans and a syllabus for you to make changes to and personalize.

Jambi

Forum Deputy Chief
Check your PM. If it's an EMT refresher class I might be able to help with getting you lesson plans and a syllabus for you to make changes to and personalize.

Reply sent thanks. I've actually got most of it done. I'm always looking for new stuff though. I refuse to be a stagnant educator.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
So I'm debating putting some pictures into the NM State fair... Can't decide if I want to or not though. Lol I'm being pushed a little by my coworkers though

VFlutter

Flight Nurse
I need to get married or have a kid or something. These taxes are killing my paycheck.

Jambi

Forum Deputy Chief
Have the kid.

Being married with no kids has us close enough to single withholdings it isn't much if a difference.

This. The cost of a child is far greater than the tax savings. I have two...and my wallet begs me for the days of being single. :p

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
This. The cost of a child is far greater than the tax savings. I have two...and my wallet begs me for the days of being single. :p

Can I borrow one? Hahaha

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.
This thread is taking my joke of working in human trafficking a lot further...

(Just in case anyone gets their pants in a bundle no I do not condone or approve of human trafficking)

Anjel

Forum Angel
I'm laying in a bed. At work. And getting paid.

After 3 years of SSM. This concept is so weird to me.

abckidsmom

Dances with Patients
We went for a DOA, an elderly lady found decomposing on the bed by the cleaning lady.

Total highlight of my day, the cleaning lady met me at the sidewalk and shook her head, "Oh, honey. I'm so sorry they sent you out here. A girl as young as you has no business seeing a dead body like this."

I looked around at my 21 yo partner, and said, "Ma'am, that's really sweet, but I've been doing this job since my partner here was in diapers."

I'm a total dinosaur now!