the 100% directionless thread

chaz90

Community Leader
Community Leader
Just found out I've started to make a reputation for myself amongst some coworkers I've never even met at my job. I met a medic at shift change this morning, and he asked if I was the guy who performed an inappropriate RSI on someone I "overdosed" a few weeks ago. Just great. I don't really know what to do about rumors that start from someone listening in on a med patch to the hospital and spread that quickly.

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
Just found out I've started to make a reputation for myself amongst some coworkers I've never even met at my job. I met a medic at shift change this morning, and he asked if I was the guy who performed an inappropriate RSI on someone I "overdosed" a few weeks ago. Just great. I don't really know what to do about rumors that start from someone listening in on a med patch to the hospital and spread that quickly.

Welcome to DE. :/

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Code 3 transport from one hospital to a different hospital. Hospital A decided to push tPA for a stroke but didn't do any testing before hand. Turned out it was a hemorrhagic stroke. Doc in the ICU at the receiving hospital was not happy at all.

Jambi

Forum Deputy Chief
Code 3 transport from one hospital to a different hospital. Hospital A decided to push tPA for a stroke but didn't do any testing before hand. Turned out it was a hemorrhagic stroke. Doc in the ICU at the receiving hospital was not happy at all.

According to ASLS, a CT is necessary prior to tPA...yikes. Poor Pt, I hope it all works out.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
I haven't seen him around anymore but I saw this and couldn't pass up posting it. The more senior members will know who I'm talking about.

uju9udun.jpg

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member

Are you kidding me? I smell a malpractice suit in the making.

Talk about dotting your I's and crossing your T's on someone's death warrant...

EpiEMS

Forum Deputy Chief
Code 3 transport from one hospital to a different hospital. Hospital A decided to push tPA for a stroke but didn't do any testing before hand. Turned out it was a hemorrhagic stroke.

Proof that there's stupidity at all levels, ¿no?

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?

Was that you pulling into the ambulance bay at EMC code 3?

JPINFV

Gadfly
I haven't seen him around anymore but I saw this and couldn't pass up posting it. The more senior members will know who I'm talking about.

uju9udun.jpg

I've seen the end of that road.

mike1390

Forum Captain

smells like JFK????

EpiEMS

Forum Deputy Chief

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas
Same here...went exploring with a friend back in 2007.

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas
Paid off my truck today YEAH!!!!!