the 100% directionless thread

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
C'mon. Aidey is just itchin' to swing the ban hammer...

:)

Akulahawk

EMT-P/ED RN
Community Leader
Too many jokes that would earn the Ban Hammer...

Therefore, I'm staying away from it.

shfd739

Forum Deputy Chief
So I'm working the tough mudder event this weekend. Doing the whole first aid thing.

We are meeting all the different workers tonight. And holy cow. It is a Ricky rescue paradise.

Everyone has reflective jackets, multi tools, axes, and light bars galore.

Should be interesting.

I worked a spartan race last year. Not Ricky rescue at all. Some friends worked tough mudder a couple months ago and it was full on Ricky Rescue paradise

abckidsmom

Dances with Patients
I worked a spartan race last year. Not Ricky rescue at all. Some friends worked tough mudder a couple months ago and it was full on Ricky Rescue paradise

I am running a Spartan Race in August. The whole thing seems less eaten up with itself than Tough Mudder, which we did 2.5 years ago.

I would like to work medical for any of those. It's on the list.

shfd739

Forum Deputy Chief
I am running a Spartan Race in August. The whole thing seems less eaten up with itself than Tough Mudder, which we did 2.5 years ago.

I would like to work medical for any of those. It's on the list.

I may try to do a Spartan Sprint later this year. Spartans look to be more focused on strength/endurance and less silly than Tough Mudder.

The water station I was at had one of the Spartan founders/death race finishers hanging around it all weekend. Talk about inspiring and super down to earth. Guy is nearly 50 and in super shape.

Working the medical was ok. Pay was decent for a weekend of work. Unless you can commute each day or split hotel costs then its about break even after paying for a hotel and expenses. Share some costs and youll make a little off it. We were BLS only; a local contracted private ambulance company had Gators and provided ALS care/transport if needed.

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
If you do one, try your best to be in the first wave or two. After the first couple of waves, you just end up jogging a few meters to wait in line for obstacles.

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Apparently shift bids are now open, I was half hoping to get a 911 job by now so I didn't have to leave right after they rearrange everyone's schedule. Oh well, not much I can do about it, maybe I can get an ALS or CCT shift in the meantime lol

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
Heck, that's my strategy!!!

Pfft! Lol I prefer racing 5ks and 10ks, so on the rare occasion I do an obstacle event, the waits get me far beyond frustrated! :p

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Just remember, Aidey isn't the only one who can swing the ban hammer.

:ph34r:

I didn't realize you guys still used the "ban hammer". Isn't that a little outdated? :p :rofl:

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
I didn't realize you guys still used the "ban hammer". Isn't that a little outdated? :p :rofl:

Aren't those guys a little dated themselves? :lol:

/attempts to dodge hammer swing

Anjel

Forum Angel
Amphibious medics is the company contracted for the mudder.

If you go on their site and submit an app. They will contact you when something comes to your state.

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
ESO looks nicer than this Sansio crap.

We use Sansio now and are looking at ESO. I'd love to hear more about it, what you like and don't like, what hardware you're running it on, Bluetooth capabilities and what not.

There's 4 medics that have Verizon hot spots and myself and 3 others that have Panasonic Tough Books with dual antennas and internal Verizon 4g cards for testing. Originally everyone thought it was a hardware problem but after using this TB I'm 100% positive it's a software issue.

A chart only takes me like 20 minutes but when you add in the time spent fighting with the computer it turns into more like 35-40 minutes. If you have long return times or run in a slow system it's not a huge deal but in a busy system it makes for a lot of OT from charting alone. I've had checks where I nabbed a full shift worth of OT with only working my scheduled 8 shifts.