the 100% directionless thread

JPINFV

Gadfly
Our service just bought new "tough pads" the Panasonic tough book tablet. So far, it's kind of a POS. But I'm sure, given time, I will learn to really hate it. :)

Super absorbent tough pads or overnight tough pads?

rmabrey

Forum Asst. Chief
Playing meeuc student. So far todag ive put an offer on a house, and missed a pedi code

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
Super absorbent tough pads or overnight tough pads?

More like chux pads. Actually, they're not awful. It's just not an iPhone. Which is really what I want to do my report on. And I don't understand why nobody will invent some software to let me do that!!

Maybe I should post "an open letter to ePCR software developers"

(And I'm stopping my feet and throwing a gigantic hissy fit tantrum over here. I don't know if you can hear me or not.)

I really just want to do my damn report on my iPhone. I like to dictate my narratives using speech to text, and my big fat fingers are used to typing on that little screen.

Do you hear me image trend? Make an iPhone app.

Thank you.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
More like chux pads. Actually, they're not awful. It's just not an iPhone. Which is really what I want to do my report on. And I don't understand why nobody will invent some software to let me do that!!

Maybe I should post "an open letter to ePCR software developers"

(And I'm stopping my feet and throwing a gigantic hissy fit tantrum over here. I don't know if you can hear me or not.)

I really just want to do my damn report on my iPhone. I like to dictate my narratives using speech to text, and my big fat fingers are used to typing on that little screen.

Do you hear me image trend? Make an iPhone app.

Thank you.

Don't they already have some kind of an application for the iPads?

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
Last I heard some of San Bernardino county will be doing this. As of right now we can't. They would either have to develop a MEDS program for iOS or they would have to publish MEDS online (don't always have service).

Well, by the end of 2014, or 2015 aren't we supposed to be on a whole new different EPCR system anyways? County isn't going to let us keep using meds, they don't give a rats *** about how our billing is done.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Well, by the end of 2014, or 2015 aren't we supposed to be on a whole new different EPCR system anyways? County isn't going to let us keep using meds, they don't give a rats *** about how our billing is done.

Honestly have no clue. I haven't really been keeping up with work stuff haha But I haven't heard anything about that yet.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
We use Motion tablets at my part time place and they are super fast. Also lighter and just as if not more durable than tough books.

Anjel

Forum Angel
We just got windows surface tablets. I'm sure they will be broke soon.

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas
Worst partner ever today. A whole 4 months of EMT at 45 years old with material from 199x does not impress me. Especially when you try and use the PA to help clear intersections.

Newb.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Am I the only one who thinks the toughbook is the biggest joke of a laptop ever created?

Its what, like $3-4,000 for one. Another $1200 for the charger, atleast the one we have, and its the slowest piece of junk out there.

For $4,000 i could build a laptop and it would be lightning fast. All our toughbooks are under 2 years old, have nothing but the EMS protocols/report programs on them and they work slower than a snail.

I like my new toughbook I was just issued but the thing is brand spankin' new, has upgraded RAM and an internal Verizon 4g card.

Take it any day of the week over the CTLs they issued the majority of people.

So our newbie on her first day got to see the "Robb has no idea what this rhythm is but he knows it's bad" look.

I called it AF with RVR and a RBBB with runs of ventricular pacing and runs of VT. It was not pretty. At all. And he couldn't communicate. And she's never driven code, ever and was driving us to the ER. I elected not to go emergent because I wasn't comfortable with her driving code, for her first time, with me in the back and no one to help her since my partner was in the box with us.

I'm gonna start a thread about it, blew my mind.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
I like my new toughbook I was just issued but the thing is brand spankin' new, has upgraded RAM and an internal Verizon 4g card.

Take it any day of the week over the CTLs they issued the majority of people.

So our newbie on her first day got to see the "Robb has no idea what this rhythm is but he knows it's bad" look.

I called it AF with RVR and a RBBB with runs of ventricular pacing and runs of VT. It was not pretty. At all. And he couldn't communicate. And she's never driven code, ever and was driving us to the ER. I elected not to go emergent because I wasn't comfortable with her driving code, for her first time, with me in the back and no one to help her since my partner was in the box with us.

I'm gonna start a thread about it, blew my mind.

Which part are you gonna start the thread on, your new toughbook or the medical call? :p

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas
Our service just bought new "tough pads" the Panasonic tough book tablet. So far, it's kind of a POS. But I'm sure, given time, I will learn to really hate it. :)

Just wait until the little plastic sides pop off and you get to see what trauma tape does to circuit boards.

shfd739

Forum Deputy Chief
We use Motion tablets at my part time place and they are super fast. Also lighter and just as if not more durable than tough books.

We just started using the Motion tablets and they suck. The pen/stylus is annoying and the touch screen key board is nearly useless. I'm picking up a full size USB keyboard to use with ours.

Not liking the Sansio epcr program either.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
We just started using the Motion tablets and they suck. The pen/stylus is annoying and the touch screen key board is nearly useless. I'm picking up a full size USB keyboard to use with ours.

Not liking the Sansio epcr program either.

We have keyboards with mouse that we plug, makes it fine. ESO is great.

Anjel

Forum Angel

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
I've used ESO at two places and it is far superior to my only comparison which is zoll. One my supervisors is a consultant for them which helps too.