the 100% directionless thread

Akulahawk

EMT-P/ED RN
Community Leader
I don't worry too much about the Ban Hammer... I do worry about if my wonderful wife decides it's time to start swinging Mjölnir... and she could probably put Thor to shame if she ever did.

shfd739

Forum Deputy Chief
We use Sansio now and are looking at ESO. I'd love to hear more about it, what you like and don't like, what hardware you're running it on, Bluetooth capabilities and what not.

There's 4 medics that have Verizon hot spots and myself and 3 others that have Panasonic Tough Books with dual antennas and internal Verizon 4g cards for testing. Originally everyone thought it was a hardware problem but after using this TB I'm 100% positive it's a software issue.

A chart only takes me like 20 minutes but when you add in the time spent fighting with the computer it turns into more like 35-40 minutes. If you have long return times or run in a slow system it's not a huge deal but in a busy system it makes for a lot of OT from charting alone. I've had checks where I nabbed a full shift worth of OT with only working my scheduled 8 shifts.

I haven't used ESO beyond just briefly playing with it. It looks nice and seems to have a better flow and more thorough report.

I don't like Sansio's lack of a head to toe section and it takes forever on the Motion tablets to complete. Tonight is my first night using a wireless keyboard with a touchpad and that's sped up the process a little.

Our units have Inmotion wireless boxes and the tablets connect thru a secured wifi signal to the Inmotion. So far I've had no problems connecting and syncing reports over. We've been using Inmotion for years though for unit MDT to CAD connections.

VFlutter

Flight Nurse
Potassium 6.9 and INR 10.....I hope that is a lysed sample or you better get ready to meet sweet baby Jesus

Last edited by a moderator:

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief
I honestly cannot remember the last time I got off on time. 2 hours late today. But that's pretty standard now.

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
Who told JT he could come back....

;)

TransportJockey

Forum Chief

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
I figured you'd leave again before you even got to this thread :lol:

I know I've got a bad track record of that lol. I'm gonna try to stick around longer this time.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
I haven't used ESO beyond just briefly playing with it. It looks nice and seems to have a better flow and more thorough report.

I don't like Sansio's lack of a head to toe section and it takes forever on the Motion tablets to complete. Tonight is my first night using a wireless keyboard with a touchpad and that's sped up the process a little.

Our units have Inmotion wireless boxes and the tablets connect thru a secured wifi signal to the Inmotion. So far I've had no problems connecting and syncing reports over. We've been using Inmotion for years though for unit MDT to CAD connections.

We have InMotion as well, it's painfully slow though. The new TB with the Verizon card I was talking about runs circles around the onboard wireless.

We have a flex field attached to our "ALS Assessment" option in the flow chart that is a complete head to toe, ill take a picture of it the next time I pull it up and send it your way. Can either select "WNL" (parameters are spelled out, doesn't say WNL), "see comments" and enter your comments or "did not visualize".

shfd739

Forum Deputy Chief
We have InMotion as well, it's painfully slow though. The new TB with the Verizon card I was talking about runs circles around the onboard wireless.

We have a flex field attached to our "ALS Assessment" option in the flow chart that is a complete head to toe, ill take a picture of it the next time I pull it up and send it your way. Can either select "WNL" (parameters are spelled out, doesn't say WNL), "see comments" and enter your comments or "did not visualize".

That's odd. Our Inmotion is fast. Seems about as quick as 4g on my iPhone.

Ill look tonight and see if our flex field has the same with ALS assessment. It probably does. The training we got before rollout was minimal.

Doink the Clown......is dead. Sad news indeed.

Wheel

Forum Asst. Chief
I'm sad I missed that one whacker thread. I guess that's what I get for going out instead of spending the night in front of the tv.:glare:

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
I'm sad I missed that one whacker thread. I guess that's what I get for going out instead of spending the night in front of the tv.:glare:

We could've used you. ffemt was dying to swing that hammer :lol:

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
That's odd. Our Inmotion is fast. Seems about as quick as 4g on my iPhone.

Ill look tonight and see if our flex field has the same with ALS assessment. It probably does. The training we got before rollout was minimal.

Ours is awful. I turn off the wireless on my phone when I'm at work, it's a night and day difference being on the LTE cell network vs the InMotion.

It automatically pops up when I select the "ALS Assessment" drop down in the flow chart so if it isn't automatically opening it probably isn't there. Look and see if you have a "Physical Assessment" option in you drop down menu in the flex field, that's where it was before they tied it to the ALS Assessment. This is all new for us within the last few months. Rolled it out with our new alternative destination and Community Paramedicine programs.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
So I got a reward for all the damned hard work I've been doing lately... At least I think it's a reward... Line supervisor doing rural 911 :) Same county I used to work in wtih my small private 911 service

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
So I got a reward for all the damned hard work I've been doing lately... At least I think it's a reward... Line supervisor doing rural 911 :) Same county I used to work in wtih my small private 911 service

The evil empire

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
TransportJockey,

Good to see you around! Congrats on the new position!