the 100% directionless thread

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Random acts of violence...I don't know what's going on in this city.

Had a lady with her throat slashed today, arterial bleed from the left carotid. She had a pulse when she went to surgery I haven't heard anything else though.

JPINFV

Gadfly
Sigh. Second time in as many weeks that I've seen classmates snickering at PRN Ambulance because... get it... PRN... as needed.

/sigh.

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
The rule is mouth to mask is better than BVM, one of the main reasons being you are a lot less likely to hyper- and over-inflate a patient (because that'd go against what YOUR body wants to do) and hopefully avoid insulfation of the stomach.

BVM is just easier and removes the 'ick' factor of being that close to a dirty dead person. Think about it, although mask barriers tend to have one way valves, do you really want a front row seat to passive regurgitation?

adamjh3

Forum Culinary Powerhouse
My first thought was 'pregnant wife kicked him?'

haha, didn't even think of that.

My girlfriend dispatches at a 911 agency and works graveyards, I woke up to a text saying exactly what I posted. Turned out to be a psych, drug, or both
run. All the crew could get out of him was that his leg started hurting six weeks ago when he found out he was pregnant, and has gotten progressively worse.

VFlutter

Flight Nurse
Little kids crack me up....

Kid #1: "Mommy, why is that guy wearing pajamas" in reference to my scrubs

Kid #2: "Are you Tim Tebow?" :rofl: that's actually the second time, which is weird because i look nothing like him.

bigbaldguy

Former medic seven years 911 service in houston
Random acts of violence...I don't know what's going on in this city.

Had a lady with her throat slashed today, arterial bleed from the left carotid. She had a pulse when she went to surgery I haven't heard anything else though.

It may not have been as random as you think. Usually these things end up being someone they knew. It does seem to be getting crazier and crazier though. I'll let you in on a little secret though. As you get older the world gets scarier but it's just a perception thing. It's not really any more crazy, or dangerous you just start focusing more outward than inward as you age. Wait till you have kids then I hear it really all goes to hell :)

Anjel

Forum Angel
amyhuqeq.jpg

Well that's not good.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
amyhuqeq.jpg

Well that's not good.

At first it looks like it was an engine fire but then I think I see grass and dirt in the engine compartment. And it also looks like the windshield is cracked. Accident?

bigbaldguy

Former medic seven years 911 service in houston

Anjel

Forum Angel
I'm not entirely sure where the grass and dirt came from.

I think someone tried throwing stuff on it to put out the flames. Lol

The fire department did a real number on it. They don't like us very much.

MrJones

Iconoclast
I'm not entirely sure where the grass and dirt came from.

I think someone tried throwing stuff on it to put out the flames. Lol

The fire department did a real number on it. They don't like us very much.

That's your ambulance??

:blink:

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
First day of senior year today! Exciting. Except not quite.

Met with my political science adviser, who when I mentioned that I was thinking about doing the ski patrol thing for a few years after graduation promptly pulled out his phone and called a friend. Said person spent a half hour giving me the low down on the process and whatnot. Can't beat networking like that....

EpiEMS

Forum Deputy Chief
First day of senior year today! Exciting. Except not quite.

Met with my political science adviser, who when I mentioned that I was thinking about doing the ski patrol thing for a few years after graduation promptly pulled out his phone and called a friend.

That's some serious networking.
But I did notice a minor error..."First day of senior beer" must've been what you meant :p

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
That's some serious networking.
But I did notice a minor error..."First day of senior beer" must've been what you meant :p

Hah well played sir. Forgot how "college" college can be during the beginning of the year. Glad I only have to work athletic events and not at night. A fire captain friend said he used to take his vacation during the first week of school.

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
Tomorrow is my first day of paramedic school.

DrankTheKoolaid

Forum Deputy Chief

EpiEMS

Forum Deputy Chief

:sad: That is quite unfortunate. Unless, of course, you're a major Dr. Who fan, and then meeting a disarmed Dalek wouldn't be too bad :p

Hah well played sir. Forgot how "college" college can be during the beginning of the year. Glad I only have to work athletic events and not at night. A fire captain friend said he used to take his vacation during the first week of school.

Yeah, syllabus week is easily skipped, with a little bit of planning ahead.