the 100% directionless thread

fast65

Doogie Howser FP-C
Why would they schedule case reviews right in the middle of the state EMS conference? Rather inconvenient.

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
Sounds a bit like my place of work. They could give us all 10000 bonus checks and we would complain about having to walk allllll the way into the office to pick them up.

So true. I always say that we could give the guys I work with $1 million, and half of them would complain, "it's all in 20s!"

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
So true. I always say that we could give the guys I work with $1 million, and half of them would complain, "it's all in 20s!"

But whining is what we do for sport where I work! But actually, I work at a good place and while things could obviously be better in some regards, it drives me up the walls when people moan for a shift. When I ask if they've worked anywhere else it's always "oh yea but those places REALLY suck!" Make of the best of it, try looking at the bright side for once.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
Also my boss emailed me asking me to trade a day so he can go to a conference, to accept such a trade would destroy a 4 day vacation. Instead of traveling I would for a grand total of 12 hours. Sounds like a good deal. But then he is my boss soooo...

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
Yeah, a lot of the guys that work where I am now have never been anywhere else. They complain about the trucks, the equipment, the shifts, the pay, the BLS people, the quarters...

I always tell them, "go to work where I've been and I guarantee in a week you'll come running back, realizing how good you've got it."

saskgirl

Forum Crew Member
Booked our trip couple of months ago, my fiancé and I are getting ready to head to Mexico for a week of frozen drinks and relaxing by the pool

Sounds awesome! We're headed to the Rockies, it's our annual anniversary/summer is over, relaxing time!

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
Not sure if it's been mentioned but anyone with OnDemand should check out the BBC's "24 Hours in the ER." It's not EMS but it's a great documentary about Emergency Medicine.

Medic Tim

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
Not sure if it's been mentioned but anyone with OnDemand should check out the BBC's "24 Hours in the ER." It's not EMS but it's a great documentary about Emergency Medicine.

I saw an episode not to long ago......I liked it

Epi-do

I see dead people
11 a.m. - Found out husband has to have second surgery on broken leg. Scheduling a bone graft, and hopefully he will actually heal this time around.

2 p.m. - Interview with local hospital for full-time position in ER. I felt it went well. Now to just wait and see if I get a second interview.

4 p.m. - Missed phone call to schedule an interview with another employer. Not really sure what job the interview would be for, since I applied for several available ones I am qualified for. Guess I will find out more tomorrow when I call her back.

7 p.m. - Council meeting. They pulled the proposal that included lay-offs by dropping the sponsorship of it. Then, they tabled another proposal that was supposed to be heard that included an offer from IEMS to take over our ambulances and absorb the employees. Apparently, since the offer is still in legal and there are still some issues to be worked out, it isn't ready to go yet. The council doesn't want to read it until that time, so they can pass it and we don't loose any time at work. Had they went forward with it tonight, we would have been laid off by the mayor immediately, and been out of work until IEMS was ready to take us on. The council refuses to support anything that would cause us to loose even one day of work.

So, that was my day today. It was pretty busy, so I am looking forward to not having much at all on my plate tomorrow.

bigbaldguy

Former medic seven years 911 service in houston
11 a.m. - Found out husband has to have second surgery on broken leg. Scheduling a bone graft, and hopefully he will actually heal this time around.

2 p.m. - Interview with local hospital for full-time position in ER. I felt it went well. Now to just wait and see if I get a second interview.

4 p.m. - Missed phone call to schedule an interview with another employer. Not really sure what job the interview would be for, since I applied for several available ones I am qualified for. Guess I will find out more tomorrow when I call her back.

7 p.m. - Council meeting. They pulled the proposal that included lay-offs by dropping the sponsorship of it. Then, they tabled another proposal that was supposed to be heard that included an offer from IEMS to take over our ambulances and absorb the employees. Apparently, since the offer is still in legal and there are still some issues to be worked out, it isn't ready to go yet. The council doesn't want to read it until that time, so they can pass it and we don't loose any time at work. Had they went forward with it tonight, we would have been laid off by the mayor immediately, and been out of work until IEMS was ready to take us on. The council refuses to support anything that would cause us to loose even one day of work.

So, that was my day today. It was pretty busy, so I am looking forward to not having much at all on my plate tomorrow.

Wow you ain't kidding. Sounds like the council has your back at least.

bigbaldguy

Former medic seven years 911 service in houston

Is it on Netflix?

Achilles

Forum Moron
Unfortunately not on Canadian Netflix. :sad:

But then again, what IS on Canadian Netflix? :blink:

Probaly escanaba in the moonlight and caddyshack 2, both terrible movies!

I like untold stories of the ER better.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
FTO time passed!

So excited and incredibly nervous to be out on my own.

abckidsmom

Dances with Patients
Am I the only one who can't see the forum skin? I've got a white screen with everything just floating around in the abyss.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Am I the only one who can't see the forum skin? I've got a white screen with everything just floating around in the abyss.

Same for me.