the 100% directionless thread

socalmedic

Mediocre at best
on a side note, "shooting fish in a barrel" cant even begin to explain how I feel about new grads and nursing students... Its open season fellas, and I got a fist full of tags (you ladies are welcome to join).

abckidsmom

Dances with Patients
We had a 500 lb guy with elephant legs and needed a lift assist at the hospital the other day. July 2, lol.

The pair of interns that pulled that assignment (???) had obviously spent a LOT of time burning off steam at the gym while they were in school. I have a real problem with guy forearms, and these ones were real winners.

I had to avert my gaze.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Woah woah woah.

I may of missed this. But umm.. Practicals? How did they go!?

It was a practice day. More like my instructor reading the NREMT sheets to us and telling us not to be dumbasses then playing with skills stations. We did get to run through static and dynamic cardiology though so I feel much more comfortable with those.

Tomorrow is the day, 830 then the written on Thursday at 2 pm I'll keep ya'll posted :)

So, I'm pretty sure my medical director thinks I'm some sort of a ladies man, he constantly asks me how all the women that follow me around are doing. I have come to the conclusion that I either have a secret society of female stalkers, or that my medical director has me confused with someone else.

I'm going to go with option A. lol

I'm not complaining, but is this a normal part of a medic course?

We did an 8 hour lab in the cadaver lab then a 4 hour clinical in the morgue observing an autopsy. Trouble was the coroner had to approve student viewing and it had to be a autopsy not involved in a crime so it was a pain in the butt to actually get in. I never managed to.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
on a side note, "shooting fish in a barrel" cant even begin to explain how I feel about new grads and nursing students... Its open season fellas, and I got a fist full of tags (you ladies are welcome to join).

I like your style.

VFlutter

Flight Nurse

Personally I have been scouting out the OT/PT students. I have had enough drama with dating fellow nursing students lately.

They love cheesy pick up lines. Try something about gag reflexes and intubating. Gets them 89% of the time, every time. Guaranteed

Last edited by a moderator:

EarnMoneySleeping

Forum Ride Along
Does anyone know if its possible to schedule time at a mortuary without a paramedic school affiliation? I'm in medic school now, and I know we don't have scheduled clinical time for something like that , but it is something id like the opportunity to do. Any answers?

fast65

Doogie Howser FP-C
It was a practice day. More like my instructor reading the NREMT sheets to us and telling us not to be dumbasses then playing with skills stations. We did get to run through static and dynamic cardiology though so I feel much more comfortable with those.

Tomorrow is the day, 830 then the written on Thursday at 2 pm I'll keep ya'll posted :)

I'm going to go with option A. lol

We did an 8 hour lab in the cadaver lab then a 4 hour clinical in the morgue observing an autopsy. Trouble was the coroner had to approve student viewing and it had to be a autopsy not involved in a crime so it was a pain in the butt to actually get in. I never managed to.

I suppose I could see that...but option B is more likely.

Anyways, I call first dibs on finding out if you pass or not. :ph34r:

bigbaldguy

Former medic seven years 911 service in houston
Does anyone know if its possible to schedule time at a mortuary without a paramedic school affiliation? I'm in medic school now, and I know we don't have scheduled clinical time for something like that , but it is something id like the opportunity to do. Any answers?

I have no idea how you'd even go about asking that without coming off creepy lol. Talk to your instructor maybe?

Anjel

Forum Angel

TransportJockey

Forum Chief

Hmm if I hadn't just gotten in a relationship I'd be all over that :p But I like the way you think

Rhonda

Forum Lieutenant
Well this day just keeps getting better! My flight is delayed 2hrs and 15mins!!! Hope everyone else is having a better day.

abckidsmom

Dances with Patients
Well this day just keeps getting better! My flight is delayed 2hrs and 15mins!!! Hope everyone else is having a better day.

That sucks, but I just consider that more time to sit and play on my phone.

I am kicked back living the high life watching Ken Burns' Baseball, eating chocolate chess pie, and playing on the computer.

Kids all spending the night elsewhere tonight. Awesome.

Rhonda

Forum Lieutenant
That sucks, but I just consider that more time to sit and play on my phone.

I am kicked back living the high life watching Ken Burns' Baseball, eating chocolate chess pie, and playing on the computer.

Kids all spending the night elsewhere tonight. Awesome.

It sounds like you are having a good evening then.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
It was hotter then a single guy at a college cheerleading computation today. Hit 118 degrees at 1500-1800. When I left work at 1900 it was still 113.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
Spent the last part of my shift posted downtown doing nothing. Get back to base to find that a friend of mine was in the hospital we were posted in front of after t-boning a car on his bike. He's fine, but I just got home from a 13 and have to be back at 0800. Sweet as.

heatherabel3

Forum Lieutenant
OPA and NPA practical tomorrow for class. I keep forgetting to check for gag reflex. For the first time in my life I wish someone, namely the dummy, would throw up on me that way I would def not forget to check the next time.

bigbaldguy

Former medic seven years 911 service in houston