the 100% directionless thread

bigbaldguy

Former medic seven years 911 service in houston
I've been considering a tablet too, and this is what I'm thinking as well. Are the integration aspects worth getting an iPad to go with an iPhone, or is it too repetitive to have both?

No idea I don't have an Iphone sorry. I like having a android phone and Ipad combo.

bigbaldguy

We do that all the time :p A few months ago we stopped to help an old guy mow his lawn in the heat :D

That's the spirit :)

It's doing little things like this that will make the general public feel towards EMS as they have historically felt toward FD.

Very proud of you.

adamjh3

Forum Culinary Powerhouse
Wee, brush fire a couple miles from my house. Sounds like they have 10 to 20 apparatuses on scene

8jimi8

CFRN
Meh, let me know when someone who's actually attractive plays Supergirl.

I wasn't looking at her face... But I think she pretty anyway

EMT91

Forum Lieutenant
Ok Lifers I need a little help here.

Everybody who thinks my girlfriend (sorry ex girlfriend) should give me another chance say aye.

After she and I decided to break up (2nd dumbest thing I ever did) I kind of lost my mind and fired off a hurtful email (dumbest thing I ever did) so I'm trying to gather proof that I'm not a complete and total ***, at least not all of the time anyway.

BBG is an awesome guy who is always supportive and welcoming, he gave me a nice reply on the contest thread I posted in.

8jimi8

CFRN
Because they are in a hospital for skills alone. While I might be in the room assessing a patient, they will come in, start a line, and leave. Whereas a student from one of the other schools (CNM or EMS Academy of UNM SOM)will see I'm doing an assessment and talking to the patient and let me have first dibs on line. It's one of those little things of how they are trained and interact with non PJ students. Great guys though, I've spent more than a few nights that I don't remember out at bars with them.

Havent you started hundreds of lines? I can't see why that would be a bother. Also if thy are in it for hospital skills why not do them at a hospital?

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Because at that time i had not started hundreds of lines and i had skills requirements to get just like they did, along with assessments to obtain. It was just rather annoying.

8jimi8

CFRN
Because at that time i had not started hundreds of lines and i had skills requirements to get just like they did, along with assessments to obtain. It was just rather annoying.

Ohhhh that makes sense

VFlutter

Flight Nurse
That moment when you find out that your Ex-gf of two years is already with another guy after just over a month of being broke up...:angry::censored::angry: Who wants to volunteer to be my punching bag? :deadhorse:

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
Every extra shift I work always turns into some sort of fiasco. Only did three calls, but the last one had a patient that was too heavy and awkwardly sized (read massively swollen legs) for my partner (5' 2" woman) and I to handle. There was a crew at the hospital already and they helped load him in but when I called for a lift assist on the other end I was told that I didn't need one (wtf?). I insisted that there was no way I was going to hot drop the cot with a patient on it nor slideboard someone with two people onto a wheelchair and finally got my way. Of course they had to send another ambulance company because we were going way out of area, which pissed dispatch off a bit. Retaliation was served via a non-priority response to literally the farthest place that one could be from me yet still be in Boston, during rush hour. Trying to beat traffic I got hopelessly lost, and then the dispatch shift changed and they took mercy on me and sent another truck and called us back early.

I dunno how other companies work, but don't you usually put a new driver with someone that has experience? My last two partners are not even allowed to drive unloaded, so I'm "in command" and it can be a struggle, especially since my knowledge of Boston streets is limited to the pockets we work in, get me out of them and I am glued to the GPS.

/vent.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
So I found out today I'm not doing tactical training at the NM state EMS conference. The class was already full. But I'll be doing my rope rescue tech course :) Should be fun either way. And I'll be doing a 5-day EMT-T training course from RTI in September :) And not paying for a thing. Only reason I'm bothering to volunteer is so they pay for classes, and it's working out well

bigbaldguy

So I found out today I'm not doing tactical training at the NM state EMS conference. The class was already full. But I'll be doing my rope rescue tech course :) Should be fun either way. And I'll be doing a 5-day EMT-T training course from RTI in September :) And not paying for a thing. Only reason I'm bothering to volunteer is so they pay for classes, and it's working out well

Awesome. Looks like a good conference. I'm gonna have to work on getting some ABQ overnights.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Lol yoi should. I'll buy you a beer if I'm off duty. although now it looks like i might do the TCCC course anyway since my time off for the rope course was denied. Either way, lota of fun

adamjh3

Forum Culinary Powerhouse
My written final for medic class is tomorrow. To say I'm worried is an understatement.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Over the last 40 hours I've gotten 2 hours of sleep. I'm going to bed so I can wake up and get some more work done on the tattoo. Hopefully she chooses a spot that I can sleep while she does it. From what she was saying I doubt it though :wacko:

A brewski says :beerchug: to my friday and goodnight.

Last edited by a moderator:

Anjel

Forum Angel
Over the last 40 hours I've gotten 2 hours of sleep. I'm going to bed so I can wake up and get some more work done on the tattoo. Hopefully she chooses a spot that I can sleep while she does it. From what she was saying I doubt it though :wacko:

A brewski says :beerchug: to my friday and goodnight.

Woah woah woah.

I may of missed this. But umm.. Practicals? How did they go!?