Fellow Floridians!

OP
OP
titmouse

titmouse

aspiring needlefairy
Did you work tonight? How was your shift? 8 calls babk to back. Within those I had a psych pt thst thought she is going on an airplane and a 90 yo baker act lol

Hunter

Forum Asst. Chief
Did you work tonight? How was your shift? 8 calls babk to back. Within those I had a psych pt thst thought she is going on an airplane and a 90 yo baker act lol

Lol im at 4 calls, 6 hours left. Ended up way up north.

OP
OP
titmouse

titmouse

aspiring needlefairy
We went to mt Sinai that was the furthest yesterday

OP
OP
titmouse

titmouse

aspiring needlefairy
What's up peeps!? Anyone working tonight? I am posted. How's your night going?

OP
OP
titmouse

titmouse

aspiring needlefairy
I start at 1600 til 2200 today. Dude finally had me a delusional baker act yesterday lol thought we were abducting and trying to kill him. =|

OP
OP
titmouse

titmouse

aspiring needlefairy
Anyone working today? As of now we are posted.

medic550

Forum Crew Member
Just passed my florida exam for medic. Hopefully get my stuff in 2 weeks. Im currently from up in PA and looking to move south. Possibly either central florida or near melbourne.

Now I will have to get used to the heat during the summer.

Achilles

Forum Moron
Just passed my florida exam for medic. Hopefully get my stuff in 2 weeks. Im currently from up in PA and looking to move south. Possibly either central florida or near melbourne.

Now I will have to get used to the heat during the summer.

A few of the CL's live in Florida, you should go egg their house for Easter :p
Oh and congrats on your medic

Last edited by a moderator:

Wheel

Forum Asst. Chief
The job search is really killing me. Central florida is a wasteland for paramedic jobs. I'd be willing to drive up to 2 hours for a 24 hour shift if I wasn't making beans. I'm really getting worried that my wife will decline an offer of her dream job if I can't find work.

OP
OP
titmouse

titmouse

aspiring needlefairy
In miami you might be able to find a job

OP
OP
titmouse

titmouse

aspiring needlefairy
AMR and Medics I believe operate tri county. From miami dade to palm beach county.

Hunter

Forum Asst. Chief
She'll be near orlando, or I certainly would.

have you tried the private IFT companies, There's a few near sarasota, bradenton, ect. Sunstar EMS seems to hire quite often.

Wheel

Forum Asst. Chief
have you tried the private IFT companies, There's a few near sarasota, bradenton, ect. Sunstar EMS seems to hire quite often.

I figure sunstar will be my best bet, and I'll be applying to lake soon as we'll. I'm just used to an area with little fire based ems and having your medic and not being a total moron means you can get on with whoever you want haha.

Iceman26

Forum Crew Member
Hello, all. Chicagoan here checking out your forum.

My girlfriend and I are strongly considering a move to Florida. Analyzing it, pros and cons, all that, but strongly, strongly considering it. There are some things we're kind of waiting on (I'm actually quite close to getting on with Chicago Fire Department) but at the same time we absolutely love it down there for numerous reasons and would love to live there. Would likely be within the Lee County area, possibly northern Collier County. I know both run county-based EMS.

I'm 32, coming up on three years as a paramedic currently. I'm Chicago-born and raised, but lived out in Arizona three years where I went through paramedic school and worked a combination of IFT and 911 response. Upon moving back to Chicago it was similar, IFT and 911 response and a lot of emergency calls out of facilities, including Cook County Jail. Also have a couple of years of ER experience in there as well.

My question to you all you friendly folks is how often do these counties hire and how competitive is it? From what I've read on my own it appears pretty competitive. In addition, what kind of private companies are there in these regions and how reputable are they, what's the pay like, etc? I am doing my own research but figured I'd pick the brains of the experts in here. ;)

Thank you for any and all assistance. I look forward to hopefully becoming a resident of your beautiful state. I've had about enough of a lot of the nonsense in this city and state, let alone the weather!

It's also worth pointing out this would easily be a year out, nothing immediate.

Copper

Forum Ride Along
Hello, all. Chicagoan here checking out your forum.

My girlfriend and I are strongly considering a move to Florida. Analyzing it, pros and cons, all that, but strongly, strongly considering it. There are some things we're kind of waiting on (I'm actually quite close to getting on with Chicago Fire Department) but at the same time we absolutely love it down there for numerous reasons and would love to live there. Would likely be within the Lee County area, possibly northern Collier County. I know both run county-based EMS.

I'm 32, coming up on three years as a paramedic currently. I'm Chicago-born and raised, but lived out in Arizona three years where I went through paramedic school and worked a combination of IFT and 911 response. Upon moving back to Chicago it was similar, IFT and 911 response and a lot of emergency calls out of facilities, including Cook County Jail. Also have a couple of years of ER experience in there as well.

My question to you all you friendly folks is how often do these counties hire and how competitive is it? From what I've read on my own it appears pretty competitive. In addition, what kind of private companies are there in these regions and how reputable are they, what's the pay like, etc? I am doing my own research but figured I'd pick the brains of the experts in here. ;)

Thank you for any and all assistance. I look forward to hopefully becoming a resident of your beautiful state. I've had about enough of a lot of the nonsense in this city and state, let alone the weather!

It's also worth pointing out this would easily be a year out, nothing immediate.

Wish I could have traded places with this guy -- Chicago is probably my favorite city in the US and I am a born and raised in South FL guy.

Just passed my NREMT, now looking for a gig in a hospital. Fun ride so far and glad I've done it.