You know you are an EMT/Paramedic when...

Darksky

Forum Ride Along
You Dx a GI bleed from the elevator in a high rise

Anjel

Forum Angel

Sasha

Forum Chief
You know where all the clean gas station bathrooms are in your area.

Sent from LuLu using Tapatalk

Leafmealone

Forum Probie
..the scariest thing you can think of for a base haunted house is to place a pseudo review committee in your board room...

Anjel

Forum Angel
When you ask for a pocket pulse ox for your birthday.

Yup thats what I want for my bday in a few weeks lol

Im sick of going into the ER and explaining im not capable of obtaining a spo2 reading.

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
When you ask for a pocket pulse ox for your birthday.

Yup thats what I want for my bday in a few weeks lol

Im sick of going into the ER and explaining im not capable of obtaining a spo2 reading.

Really? I would never purchase and use my own biomedical equipment on the job. If the hospital REALLY needs an SpO2, they can get it themselves.

Sent from my iPhone.

Sasha

Forum Chief
Spo2 is kind of inaccurate and useless half the time anyway, especially the little cheapie finger units.

Anjel

Forum Angel
Really? I would never purchase and use my own biomedical equipment on the job. If the hospital REALLY needs an SpO2, they can get it themselves.

Sent from my iPhone.

Its nice to have though. Especially because a lot of nursing homes send out and reject pts due to low spo2 readings.

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
Spo2 is kind of inaccurate and useless half the time anyway, especially the little cheapie finger units.

Actually to be allowed to be sold they have to be accurate within a certain amount of percent. Crappy due to improper reading of waveform, maybe. But if you have a good waveform, you'll have a fairly accurate result.

johnrsemt

Forum Deputy Chief
Make sure that you are allowed to use it by your medical director for your level of certification also.

don't want to p**s off doc due to a b-day present

Anjel

Forum Angel
Make sure that you are allowed to use it by your medical director for your level of certification also.

don't want to p**s off doc due to a b-day present

We are. We used to have the on every truck until the basics kept loosing them.

jjesusfreak01

Forum Deputy Chief
Actually to be allowed to be sold they have to be accurate within a certain amount of percent. Crappy due to improper reading of waveform, maybe. But if you have a good waveform, you'll have a fairly accurate result.

I explained this to a doctor when I was taking care of a cardiac patient off duty the other day. He wanted to know why I was waiting to give him the pulseox reading...

mediKate

Forum Probie
you know you're in EMS when...

someone asks you if you are a morning person or a night person and you just stare at them blankly

IRIDEZX6R

Forum Captain
someone asks you if you are a morning person or a night person and you just stare at them blankly

I just tell them I'm an emt.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member

Night person, hands down. I hate mornings even though I'm up before 0730 every morning minus a rare few.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
When your friends ask you what time you have class/school/have to wake up and you respond with military time and they give you this look :unsure:

Caveat: my friends are idiots. I love them, but they are oblivious sometimes.

Last edited by a moderator:

Anjel

Forum Angel
When your friends ask you what time you have class/school/have to wake up and you respond with military time and they give you this look :unsure:

Caveat: my friends are idiots. I love them, but they are oblivious sometimes.

I do this all the time. Or when someone asks me what time it is. My watch is set in military time lol

When your friends call you before they call 911

And this. My family does that.