You know you are an EMT/Paramedic when...

emtchick171

Forum Lieutenant
- when you're the only one that can't openly discuss how your day at work went while at the dinner table.

- when you can have a conversation about brain matter being splattered on a windshield of a MVC while eating spaghetti...and never think anything about it.

- when you're sitting in a restaurant eating, and hear someone else's pager/WT go off...and you automatically think to yourself "can I get this to-go, please"

- if you plan your days off on the nights that the moon is full. Lol.

johnrsemt

Forum Deputy Chief
When you are off duty on a date and order your food in To-Go boxes; just in case.

daine.scott

Forum Probie
You know you are EMT/Paramedic when on road you see some crazy driver driving his car and you start following before you get a call to get him to the hospital.

Anjel

Forum Angel
I did this a couple times yesterday. Got in my car. Turned the key half way. Waited for the lights to go off. Then started it the rest of the way.

Stupid Diesels lol

dstevens58

Forum Lieutenant
You know you are an EMT/Paramedic when...even in the middle of the night, the scanner volume is down a bit, but you wake up as soon as your station is named (even before the tones are toned out)....

A couple of times, as soon as I hear SQUAD ## from the scanner, I'm rolling out of bed. (small house, scanner on front porch, bedroom twenty feet away).

adamjh3

Forum Culinary Powerhouse
...You can reset your Circadian rhythm by watching your favorite shows on Netflix until it's time to go to bed.

...You get in your POV and ask your buddy to back you out of a parking spot

... You get in your POV and reach up to turn your code lights on before backing out of a parking spot

... Your 2 year old nephew runs full throttle into a support pillar - when he gives you that "should I cry?" look, you laugh it off and he starts giggling, despite the hematoma on his forehead.

... Netflix is your most visited website, followed closely by YouTube, Hulu, and Facebook.

... Someone asks you to pass them a "bag" and you start looking for a BVM.

comppro

Forum Probie
- when you're sitting in a restaurant eating, and hear someone else's pager/WT go off...and you automatically think to yourself "can I get this to-go, please"

The restaurant I usually eat at has gotten used to me just up and leaving before the food arrives and they will keep it warm until i get back

CollegeBoy

Forum Lieutenant
Haha. I reset the trip odometer on my truck this morning when I was leaving work! I noticed I did it and started laughing.

Done this multiple times, makes it really difficult when I'm trying to figure the gas mileage for my car.

I did this a couple times yesterday. Got in my car. Turned the key half way. Waited for the lights to go off. Then started it the rest of the way.

Stupid Diesels lol

I know the feeling.

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
When, every single time you meet someone new, you start looking at possible venous access sites.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Worse, when you compliment them on their veins.

"My what nice veins you have"

Not a good pickup line :rofl: Hard to admit but I have definitely complimented people on their veins ha

sirengirl

Forum Lieutenant
"My what nice veins you have"

Not a good pickup line :rofl: Hard to admit but I have definitely complimented people on their veins ha

My friend just showed me a picture of his hands and arms all tore up from yard work. Meanwhile I'm just staring at the veins in his AC wishing I had a catheter on me, and say to him, "Your median cubital is gorgeous..." :lol:

Shishkabob

Forum Chief

Actually, it's a PERFECT pickup line because you'll get one of 2 girls responding favorably:

Someone in the medical field.

A heroin addict.

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
Actually, it's a PERFECT pickup line because you'll get one of 2 girls responding favorably:

Someone in the medical field.

A heroin addict.

Yeah, but you wouldn't want a favorable response from one of them... Girls in the medical field are trouble ;)

bmedicp

Forum Ride Along
You know you are a paramedic when................................................someone asks you to go on a trip or an event with them and you can't answer them yes or no, until you find your work schedule book.

Hunter

Forum Asst. Chief
Worse, when you compliment them on their veins.

Lol I was standing around with a few friends of mine and I noticed one of my friends has horrible veins, and someone caught me staring at her arm trying to spot a good one and was like WTH? I ended up with 3 other people saying "What about my veins?"

usalsfyre

You have my stapler
You know you are a paramedic when................................................someone asks you to go on a trip or an event with them and you can't answer them yes or no, until you find your work schedule book.

Yep..."hold on let me check my schedule....ok now let me check my other job...ok, yeah I can do that"

Also when a coworker ask what your doing on Tuesday and you respond with "why?" instead of "nothing really".

bmedicp

Forum Ride Along
Yep..."hold on let me check my schedule....ok now let me check my other job...ok, yeah I can do that"

Also when a coworker ask what your doing on Tuesday and you respond with "why?" instead of "nothing really".

Hahahahahah. No doubt! Funny thing is, is that before most people get in ems, they are complaining about money or not enough work. When people get in ems, they complain about all the last minute phone calls about working or companies wanting them to work too much! I agree with the "why" in stead of "nothing really'