Which Litman Stethoscope are you using??

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Back to using my MCIII since my Ultrascope disapeared at work :( I forgot how much I didn't like this POS

the_negro_puppy

Forum Asst. Chief
Littman Classic II SE, which replaced my Littman Master Classic that I left behind in a nursing home, never to be seen again.

Asimurk

Forum Captain
Littman Classic II SE, which replaced my Littman Master Classic that I left behind in a nursing home, never to be seen again.

This, if I ever get to using one again... Now where'd that bag of goodies go?

jjesusfreak01

Forum Deputy Chief
Why are you using it through clothing?

I currently work IFT and EMS. Most of my patients are old and cold and frankly don't need to be undressed for my generally unnecessary assessments. I have absolutely no problem cutting clothes off of a patient if necessary, but for my job, having a scope that lets me auscultate easily through multiple layers is awesome.

My steths are at all times either in my bag or around my neck, no exceptions, even if it makes me look silly. Thats about the only way to keep up with them.

Last edited by a moderator:

fast65

Doogie Howser FP-C
My steths are at all times either in my bag or around my neck, no exceptions, even if it makes me look silly. Thats about the only way to keep up with them.

Same here, I always it either in my left cargo pocket or around my neck. I mean it has my name engraved on it, but still...

sirengirl

Forum Lieutenant
Same here, I always it either in my left cargo pocket or around my neck.

I'm the same way.

Random related side hijack- I've been eyeing a Littmann add-on, it's a bell adapter for my Littmann that helps out with peds. The one I found is http://www.allheart.com/3mlspac2andse.html here and I figure for $6 it might be worth a try. Has anyone used it or have any insight on it? Thanks in advance.

Oh, and I also have a Classic II S.E. and I'm probably going to get a second one, the ninja black one... It just looks so BA ^_^

Pneumothorax

Forum Lieutenant
I'm the same way.

Random related side hijack- I've been eyeing a Littmann add-on, it's a bell adapter for my Littmann that helps out with peds. The one I found is http://www.allheart.com/3mlspac2andse.html here and I figure for $6 it might be worth a try. Has anyone used it or have any insight on it? Thanks in advance.

Oh, and I also have a Classic II S.E. and I'm probably going to get a second one, the ninja black one... It just looks so BA ^_^

love my ninja black one :)... really stands out :)

Dougy

Forum Probie
Going to purchase a new stethoscope, any suggestions from EMT-p or EMT-b's?

Leaning toward the Cardiology III because of the easier access to pediatric uses. I have heard the Master Cardiology is awesome but some cons regarding only having a One sided bell.

Vince

I absolutely LOVE my cardiology III. Crystal clear sound.

Death_By_Sexy

Forum Crew Member
Ultrascopes are really popular here eh?

Needing a new one for clinicals. Either Cardiology III or Ultrascope. Opinions?

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Ultrascopes are really popular here eh?

Needing a new one for clinicals. Either Cardiology III or Ultrascope. Opinions?
From someone who's used both, I say Ultrascope. I need to go buy me a new one since my last one disapeared on a truck :(

Chief Complaint

Forum Captain
i use the black ones that are in the squads.......they all work the same IMO

NotSureIfSerious.jpg

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Heh, I've got a dual tube sprauge sitting around I can send them :p Between that and selling my stupid Littmann I probably can get a new US at no out of pocket cost :D

vamike

Forum Crew Member
Just got my Littman Classic II SE. Love it. They didn't have the ninja black scopes or the copper finish or the brass finish at medisave. Bummer. I had to settle for the old silver and black.

fast65

Doogie Howser FP-C
thats cool, sorry im not as cool as everyone else and bring my own super duper brand new up to date stethescope.

Nobody said that you weren't as cool just because you don't have a "super duper brand new up to date stethoscope". But to deny that there is a difference between the $10 scopes in the rig and a Littmann or Ultrascope is just ignorance. There's no problem using the scopes in the rig, that's what my preceptor does (well, actually she uses mine :p), but you have to realize that you'll have a harder time hearing things.

Last edited by a moderator: