What do you wear?

Cohn

Forum Lieutenant
I was just wondering what gear everyone here wears?

I personally just ordered some stuff from Galls, Galls zipper boots and Galls EMT pants (they hem them for you too for free ;) )

I was looking for some 5.11 gear but it was a little out of my price range.

usafmedic45

Forum Deputy Chief
Not another one of these threads.... :rolleyes: Kid, do a search and you'll see what I mean.

"Paging Mycrofft, call holding on line five is four...paging Mycrofft".

Last edited by a moderator:

medicdan

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member

I personally just ordered some stuff from Galls, Galls zipper boots and Galls EMT pants (they hem them for you too for free ;) )

...Um... Whatever my bosses tell me to. I work as an EMT for paid services with owners and a volunteer service with an E-Board.
As a policy, I do not make personal purchases from Galls or similar websites...
What did you buy, that you feel is necessary to function as an EMT?

Lifeguards For Life

Forum Deputy Chief

When I am on duty I wear a uniform, provided by the service. When I am in class, I wear the uniform mandated by my college.

In my personal time I prefer shorts and a t-shirt.(not from Galls)

JPINFV

Gadfly
When with patients? Shirt, tie, slacks, good shoes, white clinical jacket.

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief

Clothes. :ph34r:

I mean I wear elbeco pants and a Walmart two button shirt with the sheriffs office emblem and our service emblem. Same thing is on all of our uniform shirts.

usaf: I love the paging mycrofft line. Can I use it in my sig?

JPINFV

Gadfly
When with patients? Shirt, tie, slacks, good shoes, white clinical jacket.[/QUOTE

An EMT teacher at my school dresses like that.....

including a long white clinical jacket, with name and embroidered position....

To be fair, I still feel like a little child playing dress up with his father's clothes when I'm wearing the coat.

farmallm

Forum Ride Along
We wear what ever we have on I work on a volunteer squad but we have Dept. Shirts when we are at functions.

Sasha

Forum Chief
Nothing at all. You should try nudity, it's very freeing. A nice healthy breeze in all the bits.

DrParasite

The fire extinguisher is not just for show
Nothing at all. You should try nudity, it's very freeing. A nice healthy breeze in all the bits.
I would need a pic to verify that :rolleyes:

I wear what my agency approves. FT job that means blue EMT pants, polo shirt (purchased by me) or s/s button down, and usually black sneakers (since I work in dispatch). I also have a job shirt, again department approved.

at Part time job, black pants, polo shirt (purchased by me) or s/s button down, and waterproof boots. I also have a job shirt that I purchased.

Any decent agency will provide you with a complete uniform. this includes shirt, pants, and jacket. They can either be issued and returned when you separate from the organization, or purchased.

All my uniforms are department issued/paid for or made to department specs. the only exception is a generic Game job shirt that I have, with my name, an EMT patch, and a generic SOL embroidered on it. I have it for my per diem job, where I work maybe once or twice a month, and it doesn't pay to buy a dedicated job shirt. and if functions as a backup job shirt for my FT and PT job if i need to wash it and it isn't dry before work.

and I try to avoid galls if at all possible. waaaay too expensive, and there are better quality items available elsewhere.

EMSLaw

Legal Beagle
When with patients? Shirt, tie, slacks, good shoes, white clinical jacket.

That's only until you become a resident. Then it's scrubs, crocs, rumpled lab coat, and three days growth of beard. The dark rings and bloodshot eyes are optional but encouraged.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
At the moment, white issued button down shirt, black 5.11 EMS pants, black Converse side-zip boots, and a nice warm fleece jacket (which I technically shouldn't be wearing cause it's not approved uniform item)

OP
OP
Cohn

Cohn

Forum Lieutenant
Well I had to buy new boots, my last ones were torn up by my dog. And EMS pants because my blue ****ies did not hold my stuff in my pockets at all. Also I am a volunteer so we are really only given a department shirt. When they start training me for fires I will need to get gloves too.

Veneficus

Forum Chief

MonkeySquasher

Forum Lieutenant
Well I had to buy new boots, my last ones were torn up by my dog. And EMS pants because my blue ****ies did not hold my stuff in my pockets at all. Also I am a volunteer so we are really only given a department shirt. When they start training me for fires I will need to get gloves too.

Fire gloves, or other gloves? Fire gloves should be issued by your department.

Also, you guys should have some sort of BLS bag on your apparatus you respond on, that should hold all your equipment. ;D When I'm at work, I carry a small notepad/pen, bright LED penlight (makes a great small flashlight too), puncture-resistant gloves, sterile gloves, my EMS cards and swipe card for work, a multitool, my steth, and a pair of shears. Anything else should be in your bag, imo.

Fox

Forum Crew Member

My volunteer department issued me pants. Boy pants that are a bit tight.

But they are paying for my new set of pants.