the 100% directionless thread

VentMonkey

Family Guy
I wanted to apply at two places, but the other place application closed again (it comes and goes so maybe it'll open up again in a couple of months).
I’ve been in your shoes, and having said that just be cautious and do your homework. This can be a red flag for various reasons, or it can be nothing at all.

Like others have stated in the past, once the novelty of flying wears off it’s still a job.

Good luck, and keep us posted.

HunterTMars

Forum Crew Member
Anyone ever play I.B.I.U.E.I. with your partner on the ambulance? It's a great game. Stands for, "I Buy It U Eat It". Goes like this: You stop at a gas station and buy anything you want. Your partner then has to eat it. They don't get to say they're not playing. There's only 1 rule: It has to be for human consumption. Of course there's house rules if you want. For me, rule #2: No pickle in a bag. I hate pickles.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Anyone ever play I.B.I.U.E.I. with your partner on the ambulance? It's a great game. Stands for, "I Buy It U Eat It". Goes like this: You stop at a gas station and buy anything you want. Your partner then has to eat it. They don't get to say they're not playing. There's only 1 rule: It has to be for human consumption. Of course there's house rules if you want. For me, rule #2: No pickle in a bag. I hate pickles.
Yeah, I’m gonna take a hard pass on that just because of the part I put in bold.

StCEMT

Forum Deputy Chief
It isn't you....
Oh I know, there's a lot of futility in arrests. I just find it ironic that this past summer I'd be getting ROSC on asystolic arrests that I'd literally be on the phone to get orders for (twice in a row), but the closest to ideal situations we can ask for are stubbornly uncooperative. Just observing my newest pattern from my patients.

StCEMT

Forum Deputy Chief

GMCmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
I’ve been in your shoes, and having said that just be cautious and do your homework. This can be a red flag for various reasons, or it can be nothing at all.

Like others have stated in the past, once the novelty of flying wears off it’s still a job.

Good luck, and keep us posted.
@Aprz lots of truth here. Don't settle for a job just to fly, as the novelty does wear off.

I cancelled an interview when I recognized I was settling, I just happen to get extremely lucky and get a job where I wanted to be. I am the newest person here with 2.5 years in.

Just because somewhere has openings often, is not necessarily a bad sign, A place that rarely has openings is almost always a good sign.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
You're missing out.
I’m all for doing stuff like that but when the statement “they don’t get to say they are not playing” is made, I am out. This pretty much goes for everything in life

Seirende

Washed Up Paramedic/ EMT Dropout
The notes for the sleep study popped up on my online chart, looks like I have mild obstructive sleep apnea. Official results appointment on the 16th

HunterTMars

Forum Crew Member
I’m all for doing stuff like that but when the statement “they don’t get to say they are not playing” is made, I am out. This pretty much goes for everything in life
Fair enough.. we say that more tongue in cheek than anything. We all have a lot of fun with it, don't think anybody has ever been forced to play.

Fezman92

NJ and PA EMT
Working 8 hour shifts in EMS is odd, even though you end up working 5 days a week, the shifts go by quickly.