the 100% directionless thread

VentMonkey

Family Guy
Happy Mother's Day to all of the mothers around, and about. And to the fellas lucky enough to call their wives mothers I say:

Show 'em what you got!

Today I grill for my queen, and our two princesses, and in two weeks time the missus and I enjoy Los Lonely Boys in concert. Y'all have a good one...

GMCmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
Looks like were budgeting for new monitors next year. Our director is seeking our input on Zoll x series vs lifepak 15

I feel like thats a question that doesnt need to be asked.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
Looks like were budgeting for new monitors next year. Our director is seeking our input on Zoll x series vs lifepak 15

I feel like thats a question that doesnt need to be asked.

We just had this discussion at my service, but the choice was Phillips MRx or LP15. They never considered the X series, which pissed me off royalty. Our education guy is makibg the decision and he's never used the X, so he refused to even look at it.

Looks like we're getting new 15s.

GMCmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
We just had this discussion at my service, but the choice was Phillips MRx or LP15. They never considered the X series, which pissed me off royalty. Our education guy is makibg the decision and he's never used the X, so he refused to even look at it.

Looks like we're getting new 15s.
I hated the x series. We use older phillips now and most of my experience is with the 15s. 15 is much more user friendly IMO.

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
I like the 15. We used them in DE and we currently use 12s at my service. I get it. No real retaining needed. Same defib pads, paper and mounting brackets.

I like the x better. But, that's just my preference. I really dislike the Phillips.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Love the LP15. 2 batteries will easily last a full 12 hour shift with heavy use.

I hate the 12-lead print out on the X series. When fire hands it to me I would love to pull out a lighter and light it on fire and then get one on my LP15.

StCEMT

Forum Deputy Chief
I wish I could blend the X and the 15, there are parts of both I like. Overall layout I think I prefer the 15, but I like the weight of the X more. Throw in the O2 sat port of the 12, the cuff of the X and also the X screen among a few other things and I'd be happy.

GMCmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
If the lifepak showed 12 leads on screen I think it would be the total package. I dont like cycling through menus on the x series and I despise the tiny paper and the way it prints.

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Hmm....my previous FD job, even though we were EMTs on BLS ambulance we carried Zoll E-Series monitors on the ambulance (the medics were all FF/PMs on dual medic engines that acted as squads, If we showed up on scene first, or at the same time as the engine, or as they're pulling the gear out they could see us pulling up, we'd bring in the monitor and BLS bag that included O2 tank, airway and trauma supplies and the monitor, the medics would just grab the drug box, they'd only grab the engine monitor if we weren't in sight when they went on scene)....roundabout way of saying I got to know the E series lol. Now County FD we run with uses the X-series, but our medics use the LP15 (which I got a class on when I did the 1&1 training to work on a medic unit at our company), but one of the smaller city FD's still uses older LP12s ha.

While I was introduced to the Zolls first, I found the LPs easier to use from an EMT perspective without much in the way of training (or just observing their medics using a couple times) as all the controls are right there easy to use. The difference between the LP12 and LP15 is a lot less than the E to X series, the 12 just looks like an older 15 haha but seems more or less the same.

Maybe it was just that I got a lot more hands on the E-series than the X, but I feel the X is a little more complicated to use, and yeah, I really dislike the way the X prints off on the side, right into the equipment bag, seems like the County guys are always having paper jam issues on their Zolls vs the other fd doesn't have issues printing off their LP's. Although now that I think about it, their old LP12s seem a lot more sensitive to pt movement when trying to acquire a 12 lead that the X-series just doesn't quite seem to have that problem.

So yeah, from my limited experience, I'd say I'd prefer an LP over the Zoll right now, but it's funny, the LP15 is the monitor I have the least amount of experience on lol

agregularguy

Forum Lieutenant
LP15 over all, any day of the week.

On another note, man I hate packing. I'm hoping this upcoming move will be the last one for a very long time

VentMonkey

Family Guy
I have not seen, touched, or dealt with an LP in almost a decade; good monitor for what it's worth. When I started here we were using the M-series with no 12-lead capabilities, then we switched to the E-series.

When I went to CCT two years ago they had gotten the X-series a year, or so prior. The paper printing issue is really not that big of a deal. Our ground unit uses the sleeve that puts the printer/ print out section in a "compromised" one, but I really don't think I've ever had an issue with it; LACoFD having problems with it does not surprise me.

We don't, and can't fit the sleeve on the X-series on our mount in our helicopter so it's even less of an issue. The X-series is light, very easy to use, and has all of the capabilities I could ask for in a cardiac monitor. I personally can't wait until our ground side gets them.

TLDR: give me any monitor currently on the market and I will find a way to make it work for me, who really cares?

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
I like the MRx but I'm a weirdo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TransportJockey

Forum Chief

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
You've been drinking the koolaid

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk

I've just used it for the last 7-ish years so I'm very comfortable with it and how to make it do what I want.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
I've just used it for the last 7-ish years so I'm very comfortable with it and how to make it do what I want.

Fair enough. I've used physio and zoll my entire career so that might take some getting used to

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Just realized what a serious attack of nostalgia I've got going on today as I caught myself reading some Animorphs....whilst streaming some good old Mighty Morphin Power Rangers (early, pre-Tommy Season 1 episode at that!) :cool:
what_year_is_it.jpg

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Just realized what a serious attack of nostalgia I've got going on today as I caught myself reading some Animorphs....whilst streaming some good old Mighty Morphin Power Rangers (early, pre-Tommy Season 1 episode at that!) :cool:
what_year_is_it.jpg
I remember having a lot of those books but I do not actually recall ever reading any of them haha