the 100% directionless thread

VentMonkey

Family Guy
My last Toyota (I've owned several) was a 2012 Tacoma with a 6-speed. It was a great truck but I needed something bigger, so I sold it after I bought my 2002 Excursion. Now I'm thinking about ordering a new F-350 or Ram 3500. Never ordered a new vehicle before.
They really are, I have the same concerns with my growing family, I just don't think I am ready to part ways with mine yet, hence my constant pestering on my behalf to get my wife to get an SUV.
I still havw my ccemtp for co

@TransportJockey what does the CO CCEMTP entail? Is it merely an expanded scope? What are the training requirements for that states CCP endorsement?

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
They really are, I have the same concerns with my growing family, I just don't think I am ready to part ways with mine yet, hence my constant pestering on my behalf to get my wife to get an SUV.

@TransportJockey what does the CO CCEMTP entail? Is it merely an expanded scope? What are the training requirements for that states CCP endorsement?
Tbe only requirements are having ccpc or fpc at time of application. Im not sure what all benefits or special skills it has, as i think is service dependent

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
It finally snowed. I'm working an extra shift on a county ambulance on the plains. The fire folks took pity on us and gave us bunker gear and I don't want to give it bacj.

EpiEMS

Forum Deputy Chief
It finally snowed. I'm working an extra shift on a county ambulance on the plains. The fire folks took pity on us and gave us bunker gear and I don't want to give it bacj.

I like our extrication coats for warmth...but, boy, are they ugly!

cruiseforever

Forum Asst. Chief

We too are getting our first snow. It just happens to be a blizzard.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
I hate you guys. This 75 degree weather and hanging out on the beach is getting really old ;)

chaz90

Community Leader
Community Leader
Bah. I gave one of my patients 400 mcg IV Fentanyl yesterday and never achieved reasonable relief of his pain from an open tibial fracture. We had it splinted pretty well, but the poor guy was so opioid tolerant he just laughed at all the IV Fentanyl I carry. The worst part is the transport took about 50 minutes and my Ketamine just sat unused in the drug box since I couldn't get orders to administer any.

cruiseforever

Forum Asst. Chief
Bah. I gave one of my patients 400 mcg IV Fentanyl yesterday and never achieved reasonable relief of his pain from an open tibial fracture. We had it splinted pretty well, but the poor guy was so opioid tolerant he just laughed at all the IV Fentanyl I carry. The worst part is the transport took about 50 minutes and my Ketamine just sat unused in the drug box since I couldn't get orders to administer any.

That is sad. Would they let you try a bit of Versed?

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
There are services hiring up here. Come and enjoy having a real change in the weather with the four seasons.:D
Lol i do miss mountains and four seasons.. but that's a little far north for my taste. Denver or ada county are more my style... or back to abq lol. If i leave here anyway

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
74 year old female who had a syncopal eipsode. Get on scene and her only complaint is right ankle pain. Run a 12-lead... only 1 mile away from the hospital so nothing I am able to do.
IMG_2847.JPG

Chris07

Competent in Incompetence
74 year old female who had a syncopal eipsode. Get on scene and her only complaint is right ankle pain. Run a 12-lead... only 1 mile away from the hospital so nothing I am able to do. View attachment 3203
So for those of those basics like myself who thirst for knowledge......interpretation? My Thought is a STEMI with a massive elevation, but I'm guessing. Also almost looks like a paced rhythm but I see no pacer spikes.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
So for those of those basics like myself who thirst for knowledge......interpretation? My Thought is a STEMI with a massive elevation, but I'm guessing. Also almost looks like a paced rhythm but I see no pacer spikes.
Stable Ventricular Tachycardia with pulses.

Chris07

Competent in Incompetence
VTach? Really? That crossed my mind, but I dismissed it since I though the HR would be higher in a VTach. Also, when I think of VTach I think of it to be narrower and not as wide. Good to know thanks.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
VTach? Really? That crossed my mind, but I dismissed it since I though the HR would be higher in a VTach. Also, when I think of VTach I think of it to be narrower and not as wide. Good to know thanks.
V-tach can range greatly in the rate. Patient has gone into V-tach twice before. As the hospital was about to hang the drip the patient went into a junctional Brady in the 30 range.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Stable Ventricular Tachycardia with pulses.

I'd argue accelerated idioventricular rhythm with a rate of 114.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
I'd argue accelerated idioventricular rhythm with a rate of 114.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Smartass

VentMonkey

Family Guy
74 year old female who had a syncopal eipsode. Get on scene and her only complaint is right ankle pain. Run a 12-lead... only 1 mile away from the hospital so nothing I am able to do. View attachment 3203
With this rate, I'd simply go with a WCT, though there is positive concordance, so yes ventricular in nature I would guess as well.

I get the on scene complaint being R. Ankle pain, but if the initial c/c was syncope can I ask why the 12 lead wasn't performed sooner?

That being said, aside from a full set of V/S the patient hardly seems symptomatic, so probably the standard ALS treatments, unless of course the patient became symptomatic...