the 100% directionless thread

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Wellp, just landed back in LA, now time to navigate LAX, find my bag and my truck and drive 45min home...

Usually I'm happy to get back home after a trip somewhere, not so much after this one, I wonder why hmmm....lol

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
Custom ordered? My bud did that with his, he couldn't be happier he did though.
Yeah, wanted a red off-road in a stick. Apparently it's nearly impossible to get your hands on a m/t without ordering. Any they get on the lot get sold in hours.

ExpatMedic0

MS, NRP
Anyone playing Skyrim remastered?

EpiEMS

Forum Deputy Chief

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Everything wrong with the EMT curriculum is right here.

Thinking about it -- I hear it's gorgeous! I'm a Fallout fan, but haven't played Skyrim yet.
It decreases platelet aggregation, so in layman's terms, it's not far off.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

EpiEMS

Forum Deputy Chief
It decreases platelet aggregation, so in layman's terms, it's not far off.

I just would like layman's terms to be...below us for most purposes. (Though that's a bit much to expect, I know, for ≤ 200 hours of class time.)

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
I just would like layman's terms to be...below us for most purposes. (Though that's a bit much to expect, I know, for ≤ 200 hours of class time.)
At the basic level, laykans terms with some actual medical terms are about what i expect

ExpatMedic0

MS, NRP
Everything wrong with the EMT curriculum is right here.

Thinking about it -- I hear it's gorgeous! I'm a Fallout fan, but haven't played Skyrim yet.
If your a fallout fan you'll probably love it. Same game but different theme. Fallout 4 was a bit of a letdown though

EpiEMS

Forum Deputy Chief
Fallout 4 was a bit of a letdown though

Cheapest entertainment ever though -- $60, but I've played 400 hours and am only halfway through. Cheap, cheap, cheap!

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.
A January academy is what I heard last, so probably interviews in December. Last I heard we were looking to hire 15ish.
Good to know. Sadly I realized while doing some digging this morning that I messed up. From the job posting it made it seem like NRP is all you needed to apply. Nope.. :/ Granted I am sending off my fingerprints today but I have a feeling I will miss this chance to test since I doubt I will have my cert back in time to reapply before interviews.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Good to know. Sadly I realized while doing some digging this morning that I messed up. From the job posting it made it seem like NRP is all you needed to apply. Nope.. :/ Granted I am sending off my fingerprints today but I have a feeling I will miss this chance to test since I doubt I will have my cert back in time to reapply before interviews.
You should be able to pay a little more to get your provisional cert until your cbi/fbi check comes back clean

Ensihoitaja

Forum Captain

Like TransportJockey said, you should be able to do the provisional cert. Here's a link with more info: https://www.colorado.gov/pacific/si...-Check-used-for-Provisional-Certification.pdf

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.
Cool I will do that tomorrow. Yeah monies!!! That I don't have...

NysEms2117

ex-Parole officer/EMT

Carlos Danger

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
Yeah, wanted a red off-road in a stick. Apparently it's nearly impossible to get your hands on a m/t without ordering. Any they get on the lot get sold in hours.

My last Toyota (I've owned several) was a 2012 Tacoma with a 6-speed. It was a great truck but I needed something bigger, so I sold it after I bought my 2002 Excursion. Now I'm thinking about ordering a new F-350 or Ram 3500. Never ordered a new vehicle before.

I really don't like the styling of the new Tacomas that much.

captaindepth

Forum Lieutenant
Welp... Denver Health application submitted. Anyone have an idea how many they want to hire and when?

We have been having a new hire academy every month or every other month for the past year. I think the goal was to hire something like 40+ paramedics in the year 2016. I am pretty sure we have one more academy this year and then probably another one in January or March of 2017. Not sure about actual numbers of new hires they are looking for as of now. Either way they want applicants and people are getting hired regularly.

P.S. @VentMonkey - Thanks for the mention.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
We have been having a new hire academy every month or every other month for the past year. I think the goal was to hire something like 40+ paramedics in the year 2016. I am pretty sure we have one more academy this year and then probably another one in January or March of 2017. Not sure about actual numbers of new hires they are looking for as of now. Either way they want applicants and people are getting hired regularly.

P.S. @VentMonkey - Thanks for the mention.
I know of two of your new hires who are going back to abq. I wish i could move right now and work for yall. I still havw my ccemtp for co