the 100% directionless thread

TransportJockey

Forum Chief

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Decided to finally pull the trigger and buy a handgun tomorrow (pun intended). Yay for CA's 10 round mag law

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Probably going to be the G19 Gen4. I may talk myself into a G23.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Pro tip: Buy a small gun that normally has 10-round capacity. That way you don't feel like you have a neutered magazine.
Or buy whatever you wanna shoot tha feels comfortable and take solace in te fact that if you ever move out of the godforsaken state, you can buy real capacity mags

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Progress! Drove out to the private ambo company on the other side of LA, and actually got to speak with the hiring manager. He liked my app and resume. He liked my Army service, clean driver record and that I had all my certs on hand (including NIMS), and I am scheduled for the EMT written test and mapping test next week :)

Pay is comparable to the other company that I was in the process with till the sudden silent treatment, this place does a lot more 911 to IFT, more 911 EOAs and by all acounts much better relations between the field crews and fire. Biggest downside is the ~hour long drive through LA traffic vs ~15-20min for the other place though.

WildlandEMT89

Forum Lieutenant
Progress! Drove out to the private ambo company on the other side of LA, and actually got to speak with the hiring manager. He liked my app and resume. He liked my Army service, clean driver record and that I had all my certs on hand (including NIMS), and I am scheduled for the EMT written test and mapping test next week :)

Pay is comparable to the other company that I was in the process with till the sudden silent treatment, this place does a lot more 911 to IFT, more 911 EOAs and by all acounts much better relations between the field crews and fire. Biggest downside is the ~hour long drive through LA traffic vs ~15-20min for the other place though.
Congrats man. Looks like great things are on the horizon

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Pro tip: Buy a small gun that normally has 10-round capacity. That way you don't feel like you have a neutered magazine.
I don't want a subcompact gun as of right now (maybe in the future if I decide to jump thru the hoops of getting a CCW).

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Jeez... ask one question and the entire shift thinks you're an alcoholic. Is it bad that I want to have a local bar open at 0730?

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Congrats man. Looks like great things are on the horizon

OK so... I'm also tempted to apply at Care. Their next interview group is the 21st, day before my McCormick test. As long as McCormick doesn't shut me down like Schaefer did, I feel confident that I'll be hired on in a few weeks, same for Care. I think Care pays slightly more, but within only a dollar or less, so no huge difference there, especially with the minimum wage raises coming in next year. Care is about half the drive, but as much as I despise the extra traffic, the fact that at Care I'd be on an IFT car for at least 3-6 months, vs McCormick where everyone is a primary 911 unit with the occasional IFT on the side leads me to say McCormick > Care.

I don't necessarily wanna put all my eggs in one basket, but I also don't want to fill out an app if I have no real desire to choose them over the competition so to speak.

ViolynEMT

Forum Chiefess

OK so... I'm also tempted to apply at Care. Their next interview group is the 21st, day before my McCormick test. As long as McCormick doesn't shut me down like Schaefer did, I feel confident that I'll be hired on in a few weeks, same for Care. I think Care pays slightly more, but within only a dollar or less, so no huge difference there, especially with the minimum wage raises coming in next year. Care is about half the drive, but as much as I despise the extra traffic, the fact that at Care I'd be on an IFT car for at least 3-6 months, vs McCormick where everyone is a primary 911 unit with the occasional IFT on the side leads me to say McCormick > Care.

I don't necessarily wanna put all my eggs in one basket, but I also don't want to fill out an app if I have no real desire to choose them over the competition so to speak.

Nice to live somewhere where this is more than one basket.:(

Nice to live somewhere where this is more than one basket.:(
Says the bad *** violinist who works as a part time special event EMT! ;)

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
Sweet sweet poetic justice graced my presence again. Some dude was tailgating me (I was doing 80 in a 70) so once I finished passing cars I moved from the #1 to the #2 lane. He goes flying past me and I look up ahead and there it is, the CHP ford explorer running radar. I passed him as he was pulling out onto the 10, he hauled *** and pulled the tailgating jackass over!

Oh and the icing on the cake, as I passed the tailgater he glanced over to me while I had this sh*t eating grin on my face waving at him.

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
work-happens-31-photos-101.jpg
http://thechive.com/2015/12/15/work-happens-31-photos-24/

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
haha so that begs the follow up question, is it one of y'all on the other side of the camera taking the pic? :p

Wasn't me, but I know Desertmedic carries a blowup doll similar to the one in the picture around with him.