the 100% directionless thread

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Thanks to @Gurby for the help, this is what I've got currently:

Ms. Contact,

I am looking to see if I can follow up on my pre-employment physical results. I interviewed with name, took the written, and was sent to the Occupational Health Center to do the physical and drug screen on Nov 18th. I was told that it would take around 3 days for results of the drug test to come back, at which point I would be able to schedule the lift test. It has been almost 4 weeks now, so I just wanted to check in and see if it was possible to follow up on those results so I can continue in the hiring process. Thank you very much.

Respectfully,

My name
Phone number
Email address

Gurby

Forum Asst. Chief
Thanks to @Gurby for the help, this is what I've got currently:

Ms. Contact,

I am looking to see if I can follow up on my pre-employment physical results. I interviewed with name, took the written, and was sent to the Occupational Health Center to do the physical and drug screen on Nov 18th. I was told that it would take around 3 days for results of the drug test to come back, at which point I would be able to schedule the lift test. It has been almost 4 weeks now, so I just wanted to check in and see if it was possible to follow up on those results so I can continue in the hiring process. Thank you very much.

Respectfully,

My name
Phone number
Email address

Also might want to consider going with "Dear Ms. Contact".

Also, maybe consider calling instead of or in addition to emailing? It's much easier for them to ignore an email.

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
I've tried calling a few times now, everytime I've gotten either "He's in a meeting and will call you back" or "Yeah I'll check on it, let me call you back" and no call back. I'm already planning on dressing up suit and tie for to go to another company tomorrow (as per the recommendation of a former employee) so I figure I might swing by both places (this first company is about a 20 min drive and serves the area where I live, the other is closer to 45-60 min drive, although they do more 911 with about the same pay)

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
Dear Ms. Contact,

I am writing you as a follow up on my pre-employment physical results. On November 18th I interviewed with name, successfully completed the written exam, and was asked to report to the Occupational Health Center for a physical examination and drug screen. After completing both, I was told that it would take around 3 days for results of the drug test to be returned, at which time I would be scheduled for a lift test. As it has now been almost four weeks since I successfully completed all of the preemployennt testing, with the exception of the lift test, and I have not received a phone call or email, I wanted to reconnect with You personally and continue with the next steps in the hiring process.

If you require any further information, references or copies of my certification before scheduling my lift test, I am happy to provide it.

I will call your office on Monday to follow up and schedule our next meeting.

I look forward to speaking with you soon,

Respectfully,

My name
Phone number
Email address

Rhonda

Forum Lieutenant
I hate Urgent Care doctors and NPs. They make it so hard to be nice. I have to be nice while I'm on my internship.

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
Time to update my resume. I need a second job... Maybe up here.

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?

COmedic17

Forum Asst. Chief
I hate Urgent Care doctors and NPs. They make it so hard to be nice. I have to be nice while I'm on my internship.
You hate urgent care doctors and NP's?

Or do you dislike a couple specific doctors/NP's at the urgent care you are shadowing at?

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
Haha nah. MBA dispatcher. The stations just under 10 mins from my house.

Oh ok. I was gonna say if I missed the AO apps again I'm going to be pissed haha.

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
Oh ok. I was gonna say if I missed the AO apps again I'm going to be pissed haha.

I'm sure I'll be applying there too if they open up ;) Especially now that I got a good resume and everything!

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Hello to you too....
2015-12-14 20.03.45.png

COmedic17

Forum Asst. Chief
One of the first times I met my partner, I said I was tired and wanted to sit down.... He said " I have somewhere you can sit" and pointed at his face.

isn't meeting people just great?

chaz90

Community Leader
Community Leader
Good lord...If ever an allergy list alone could tell the story of the call.

80fef133371fe5577dabb1edaa96229f.jpg

"Ma'am, despite your insistence that the mental health facility was poisoning your husband's blood with all these meds, I think this current manic psychotic break may have been preventable..."

Last edited:

MS Medic

Forum Captain
Good lord...If ever an allergy list alone could tell the story of the call.

80fef133371fe5577dabb1edaa96229f.jpg

"Ma'am, despite your insistence that the mental health facility was poisoning your husband's blood with all these meds, I think this current manic psychotic break may have been preventable..."

Have to love those pt who have a long list of allergies to psych med but deny any psych history.

On a side note, I've wondered how much of the general population is allergic to psych meds but have no idea since they've/we've never had to take them.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
Please no more grant forms for paramedic school. please no.