the 100% directionless thread

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
Let that useless piece of paper lapse. Especially if you're not looking at flight anymore.

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
Double post.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Screw that place. That's :censored::censored::censored::censored:ed up.

It's taking every ounce of my willpower right now to not say something I'm going to regret.

My card expires at the end of March. Really considering letting it go.

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
It's taking every ounce of my willpower right now to not say something I'm going to regret.

Do you have a plan for once it lapses? You could be the next Chase :p

unleashedfury

Forum Asst. Chief

That's my question,, I mean yeah if you want to stop being a medic and have another idea lined up. I would say weight your options But if you are just a bit pissed cuz of the situation at hand I would keep it up just in case.

unleashedfury

Forum Asst. Chief
Hmm to recert my Basic or not. I am not sure it is worth the paperwork unless I go flight, which is not really that desirable anymore.

Cant you test to become a PHRN, or a street skirt? I mean it could be viable if you desire flight eventually, Or is it a whole bunch of hoops to jump through

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
That's my question,, I mean yeah if you want to stop being a medic and have another idea lined up. I would say weight your options But if you are just a bit pissed cuz of the situation at hand I would keep it up just in case.

This. It's a lot easier to keep your cert updated than having to go through the process of getting a new cert.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
I've got no backup plan. My backup plan was nursing then either auto/motorcycle or maybe even aircraft mechanics. Can't do any of those with a blown back, neck and a pair of bum shoulders.

I just don't get it.

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
PA/Med school. Let other people do the lifting ;)

chaz90

Community Leader
Community Leader
I
I've got no backup plan. My backup plan was nursing then either auto/motorcycle or maybe even aircraft mechanics. Can't do any of those with a blown back, neck and a pair of bum shoulders.

I just don't get it.

The injury is still a temporary thing right? I mean, I don't know details, but I thought you had an MRI coming up and likely surgery to follow (correct me if I'm wrong). Might be the perfect time to do more school as you recuperate. Do the BSN thing like you were talking about earlier, or go whole hog and push on to med school as I seem to recall you had looked at before.

Sounds like the job is stringing you along, but hopefully don't let it discourage you too much. This too will pass.

I'm with the earlier suggestion to submit the recert paperwork as well. It's good to have at least until you have another certification in hand and/or career lined up, and you undoubtedly have all the requirements finished at this point. Small fee and paperwork is still easily worth it, even if the righteous anger and frustration makes it hard to see at the moment.

Last edited by a moderator:

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
The timing is the worst possible for school missed spring and I'd go back half way to two thirds through fall, that was what I was trying to do but the original ortho said 3 months max so I didn't register.

I've lost all respect for midlevel providers after this except for a select few. I will never consent to being evaluated by a PA or NP again. Working in finding out what I need to do to file a grievance with the state medical board against him and his physician that he works for. That guy :censored::censored::censored::censored:ed my life up. Yea I'm the one that crashed my sled but I asked for an MRI from day one and he refused to order it, on multiple occasions. I don't go to the doctor unless there's something seriously wrong. Between 2 appointments he spent 10 god damn minutes with me, total. The orthopedic physician I saw for the second opinion spent nearly an hour with me as well as shooting a massive series of X-rays right there in the office.

The PA also told me "you didn't dislocate your shoulder."

Really? Then why couldn't I move it at all, it felt like my arm was being ripped off and I made the conscious decision to attempt to reduce it myself because otherwise it would've been out of the socket for upwards of 3 hours unless they medevaced me out of there on a helo. Then once I reduced it the pain was immediately, drastically reduced. Sounds like a :censored::censored::censored::censored:ing dislocation to me. You're an ortho PA? What school did you go to because you should ask for your money back jackass.

Last edited by a moderator:

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Robb it would suck to see you leave the field altogether. I think ABQ is hiring dispatchers and they love experienced providers. Plus you could get back on a bus later on when all that stuff is resolved

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Robb it would suck to see you leave the field altogether. I think ABQ is hiring dispatchers and they love experienced providers. Plus you could get back on a bus later on when all that stuff is resolved

Thanks dude, I really appreciate it.

It's at the point now that the more I think about it the more I realize I'm really stuck. I have to stay here to keep my health insurance intact and if I leave without going back to work for x amount of time some if not all of the disability has to be repaid.

I'm just so frustrated with all of this. One thing after another.

When it comes down to it I do understand why they don't want to spend the money to train me when they know I want to go back to the field, there are just other variables that I don't understand.

I'm going to bed before I say anything else stupid.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
100 questions, thirty minutes of sleep, taking 45 minutes, and getting an 85. Ya, I'm kinda a badass

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
Worked an a asystole code, with crummy bystander CPR. Getting ready to call it...
3ysa2uqu.jpg

Pulses, tight complexes on the monitor.

Yippee. Saved another one.

Had a 15 year old hanging cardiac arrest last night. It's hard to get the family's screams out of my head. Really crappy way to end the shift.

Anjel

Forum Angel
Had a 15 year old hanging cardiac arrest last night. It's hard to get the family's screams out of my head. Really crappy way to end the shift.

That's awful. If you need anything or someone to vent to get ahold of me. Very sad. So young.

EMT x 626

Forum Probie
Hey guys so I have a question...
I applied at different places for an EMT position and I was wondering how do I turn down a job offered that I accepted a few days ago?
I don't want to be rude so what's the polite way to say you don't want to work for them anymore?

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
Hey guys so I have a question...
I applied at different places for an EMT position and I was wondering how do I turn down a job offered that I accepted a few days ago?
I don't want to be rude so what's the polite way to say you don't want to work for them anymore?

"Pay me more of screw off." Usually works well enough for me.

MunchkinMedic

Forum Crew Member

I'm still hearing them too. It :censored::censored::censored::censored:ing sucks. Kept seeing his face when I got home this morning. Call me if you need to.