the 100% directionless thread

Fire51

Forum Lieutenant
Generally all it requires is a phone call but we've currently suspended our community/friends/family ride along program due to "an unusually high demand for paramedics qualified to precept students and train new employees." What doesn't make sense to me is I'm an intern preceptor and the class starts their internships in a week and I didn't get one...

PM me if you're serious about trying to score one and we can chat more. There might be something that can be done. Fair warning, you have to deal with my sketchy medicine and borderline obnoxious partner for 12 hours. My white cloud third rider syndrome is hit or miss. Last rider I had we did a transfer and a legal 2000 (72 hour psych hold). The one before that hooked a drowning that even had Fire playing with their water rescue gear.

Seems like you had a busy day. That's weird they suspended ride alongs, must be busy around there! That's hard to have a obnoxious partner and have to spend 12 hours with them.

JPINFV

Gadfly
I forget. It's Epi, then Epi, then Epi...Man, what's fourth? Oh, nevermind. Bretylium?

ACLS for nurses? "Press code blue button. Wait for doctor to arrive and give orders."

/troll face.

DrankTheKoolaid

Forum Deputy Chief

EMS Fanatic

Forum Crew Member
favorite shift

Hey guys and gals I was just wondering what is your favorite time for a shift and why is that your favorite shift?

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
24s fo lyfe. Provided the call volume is appropriate.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
In your eyes what is the best part of the job as an EMS professional to you and why?

All the hot chicks making googoo eyes at us as we speed by going code 3.

#thuglife #onlyinems :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

chaz90

Community Leader
Community Leader
All the hot chicks making googoo eyes at us as we speed by going code 3.

#thuglife #onlyinems :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

9ubepa9u.jpg

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
EVOC classroom time is just the most fun.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
Seeing as I've been driving for three years self taught, I'm actually kind if excited for some legitimate instruction for once. It's amazing that so many places have no practical training at all, or course period.

adamjh3

Forum Culinary Powerhouse
Started at a new place, tons of overtime opportunities. I just finished a 144 hour stretch, I'm in the middle of 72 off then I'm back on Saturday for another 120 hours. My next paycheck is going to be fantastic.

rescue1

Forum Asst. Chief
Started at a new place, tons of overtime opportunities. I just finished a 144 hour stretch, I'm in the middle of 72 off then I'm back on Saturday for another 120 hours. My next paycheck is going to be fantastic.

144 in a row?? Either you guys have a really low call volume or you are a champion of EMS.
Or crazy.